Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Apollonia!

I love Apollonia! In Catalan, it's Apol·lònia, which I think is AMAZING! You can hear that version here: http://www.forvo.com/word/apol%C2%B7l%C3%B2nia/#ca

Thing is, as much as I love it, I don't really know what to do with it.
    Lucia
    Sela, Iris, Bronwen and Bastian, Fletcher, Gideon

Love, Love, LOVE Apollonia! I go back and forth between this spelling and the Slovak Apolena (though this one is said slightly different). While it is of Greek origin, it has a history in Italy as well (in my family, mainly Sicily and in the Belluno region of Northern Italy -- though in my family appears more frequently as the male form, Apollonio). Apollonia is the patron saint of my great-grandmother's town in Belluno. Also, in Latin, Polonia is the word for Poland, so I also like it because it works to connect both of my parents heritage.

My preferred nickname is Polly, but I could see Nia or Nina (as well as Apple).

Ideas That I have had:

Apollonia Josephine
    Apollonia Eva (also Eva Apollonia)
    Apollonia Evangeline (very long though)
    Apollonia Regina
    Apollonia Irene
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

Yes! Purple Rain was exactly what I tought of too. Sorry, but I can't imagine it as a real name in the US as a consequence

Thanks Berries!
    I never thought of the purple Rain association before!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsweater View Post
    Purple Rain.
    Exactly! But i think that's awesome though, i love myself a bit of 80's kitch!
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles