Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: It is terrible?

Fort Knox immediately springs to mind.

Other than that, Ford makes me think of Ford Prefect from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Knox reminds me of Harry Potter spells. I like both though and think if you like them and you don't mind those connotations, why not go for it!
    Name lover

Lilith Vesper - Francesca Lark - Viola Kathryn - Azalea Coralie
    Zachary James - Alexander Michael/Charlie - Tristan George

Bunny names:
    M: Banjo, Chewbacca
    F: Kairi, Pika
    Uni: Bantha, Domino, Tadpole

My blog: http://thereviewinators.wordpress.com/

I didn't think about Fort Knox until reading the other replies, but I can see how that would become a joke if you were calling your kids' names at a playground or similar.

The names seem strongly American to me-- like "heartland" American. With Ford, I instantly think of the car manufacturer and then the former president. I don't have any mental association for Knox. Just seems like a trendy name ending in "x" (see Dax, Jax, Maddox) Not my style but I think they might work better for middle names.

I really like the name Ford it's manly and different.

I think Ford is okay, it isn't my style, but its not terrible. I prefer it over Knox.
    Just another teenberry and writer, a lover of names
    Current Favorites:
    | Zoe | Selene | Thalia | Persephone | Ariadne | Lilia | Natalia | Nicoletta | Jane | Alice |

| Dimitri | Augustus | Jude | Nico | Tobias | Samuel | Orion | Leo | James | Jason |

Pondering:
    | Artemis | Cassandra | Cleo | Elizabeth | Miriam | Susannah | Sylvia | Thaddeus |

GP:
    | Thisbe | Cassiopeia | Briseis | Mercy | Lachlan | Emerson | Callum | Owen |

Have a fabulous day!

Quote Originally Posted by merrybells View Post
    Ford isn't. Have you read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? If not, be warned that this (old but popular) book has a character named Ford Prefect who isn't someone you want your child's name to be associated with.
    Thank you! This was my exact thought!!! However, I wonder whether this connection will have faded for the next generation... Knox is ok.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina