Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It is terrible?

Question It is terrible?

For reasons I do not even understand myself, lately I keep coming back to the name Ford for a boy. My first pick is Knox, but I like Ford as a brother for Knox. Is it just awful? In my head I know I would find it a strange choice if someone else made it, but I keep coming back to it. Maybe just because it is unique as a given name but a familiar word like my favorite girl choice, Sunday.

Would most likely be Ford Archer or Ford Allen.

Dont think husband would EVER go for it, but wanted to put it out there and gauge Public opinion
    For now if I had 2 of each- Girls: Sunday and Willa Boys: Knox and Ford or Penn
    Girls: Vivi Charles, Lila Charles, Sunday Kate, Willa Lace, Landry Kate, Monroe Laycee, Ezra Kate, Lucy madden, Lila snow, Charlize Layce, Hazel Anne, Indy, Wynter
    Boys: Knox Maverick, Knox Ryder, Archer Allen, Archer Atlas, Shepard Knox, Monroe Hendrix, Madden McLane, Finn Allen, Crewe Archer, Quade Allen, Dash Allen, Thayer,Tennyson, Vance, Ford Allen, Penn, Wilder, Rook, Hoyt, Holt, Hart, Bishop

I don't think it's horrible, it's NMS at all, but I've heard worse, and with the trend of surnames as names, it's not too out-there. But I knew a little boy named Ford when I was an older child, and I often heard both adults and children commenting on how ridiculous or stupid or weird his name was.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Ford and Knox = Fort Knox.

I'd go with one or the other, and personally prefer Ford by far. I just think "noxious" when I hear Knox, and/or the Jolie-Pitt baby, sorry.
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

Knox is NMS, but I think it's fine.
    Ford isn't. Have you read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? If not, be warned that this (old but popular) book has a character named Ford Prefect who isn't someone you want your child's name to be associated with.
    ~Mehri

Ford and Knox would be too similar to Fort Knox, though I like Ford especially as a middle
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot