Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A brother for Soren. Soren and ?

I could really use some help choosing a name for my baby boy! When I was pregnant with my son Soren, I just immediately LOVED his name! I haven't felt that way about anything this time around.... It seems that there are a lot of names that I LIKE, but nothing that just hits me, and I really want to feel in LOVE with the name! Maybe I just need to live with a few names in my head for a while in order to be convinced?!

I would appreciate any input, ideas, suggestions, and feedback from you berries

Here are some names that I really like:

Dashiell (pronounced DA-shul) - Soren and Dash

August - sounds strong, Germanic, but still hippie (which I love) and I like Auggie or Gus as a nn, pairs well with Soren - Soren and August

And some names that are on my list:
    Ansel
    Oslo
    Erol
    Ronan
    Arlo
    Abel
    Everest
    Forrest
    Angus

I really like both of your top choices and if it were me, I'd be tempted to do either August Dashiell or Dashiell August.

Would Stellan be appealing? (I keep going back and forth on whether this suggestion is too similar for brothers, but strong adoration was my initial reaction)
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

I'm not really a fan of Dashiell or August unfortunately. I think Soren is fantastic and Angus goes very well with it!
    I'll suggest: Gregor, Gustav, Bjorn, and Ivar.
    Always changing...
    Alberta . Hester . Sigrid . Frida . Edwina . Margery . Noelle
    Fergus . Edgar . Gregor . Reuben . Angus . Lucius

I like Dashiell, August and Abel from your list.

Suggestions

Oscar
    Linus
    Micah
    Hugo
    Axel
    Jasper
    Elias
    Kai
    Matthias
    Henrik
    Viggo
    Magnus
    Felix
    Aidric
    Marcus
    Last edited by mischa; May 15th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Do you or your DH have Scandinavian roots? If not, maybe it would be a good idea to choose a name that is not so obviously Northern European... or maybe you like that as a theme? I first thought of Hugo for you... Soren & Hugo would make a cute pair. Soren & Gus sound like they go together, but Dash & Soren sound like they were named by two different people... though I like the name, it just doesn't seem to go with Soren.

I hope you can find a name you love soon!
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah