Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Please help with name suggestions

I feel like I'm posting on here every other day for name advice, but I am having such a hard time committing to a name. I'm due with boy #2 in August. Big brother's name is Noah William. I think my problem is that I like more unusual names, but I tend to be more on the conservative side and therefore I am afraid to commit to any names that might been seen as too different. However, I'm afraid to go with a really common or popular name and have my son be one of many with the same name. When we picked Noah's name, it was getting popular but wasn't nearly as popular as it is now.

Can you give me suggestions based on the following list? Thanks for your help.

Eli - This was my top pick but hubby is not feeling it
    Shepherd - I love this name and so does hubby but my conservative side is making me afraid of committment
    Jedidiah - I really like this name (hubby does too), but I really am not sure about a 4 syllable name with a 3 syllable last name.
    Wyatt - Hubby's top pick, but I am not feeling it

Eli - Too bad your husband doesn't like it b/c Eli is a great name that goes well with Noah.
    Shepherd - Honestly, I think this name is different without being too out there, I say if you both love it then go for it! It also fits well with Noah.
    Jedidiah - I think that it's okay to have a four syllable name with a three syllable last name, plus you have the nn potential of Jed.
    Wyatt - Hmmm... where I am from (southwest U.S.) this name is pretty popular so I would have to say go with one of the other three.

I like Eli & Shepherd from your list some other suggestions.....

August
    Archer
    Graham
    Heath
    Merritt
    Levi
    Leo (Leopold)
    Ezra
    Alistair
    Logan
    Finn
    Flynn
    Asher
    Orrin
    Reid
    Rhys
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

I love Eli and Wyatt. They go great with Noah. I actually really like Eli Wyatt together. What do you think about the name Silas? That name just popped into my head. I also like Jed, Luke, or Ben. I'll try and think of some more.
    Last edited by hilary_jeanne; May 15th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218

I do like the name Silas, but is a name my husband has vetoed.