Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on these names?

So for the last couple of years, my top two boys' names have been August and Henry, pretty consistently. August is still my first choice but now that Henry has risen into the top 50, I'm a little concerned that by the time I have kids it could be in the top 25 or even the top 10. I like it a lot, and it's a family name so it will probably stay on my list as a middle name if that happens, but I want to have some alternatives.

Problem is, I like very few boys' names enough to use. Out of my list, these are the ones I'm hesitant about, I'm hoping the Berries can ease my mind and I can actually have a top 5!

Abram - I like it as a longer form for nn Bram, but not sure about having two boys with A names.
    Barnaby - Indirectly, this honors my grandmother whose Girl Scout camp nn was Barney, and I like how singsong it is. Probably my #3 after Henry. I just don't know if I'm brave enough.
    Bertram - Same as Abram RE: nn Bram, but IDK if a kid would like having this name. I love the meaning though (bright raven).
    Dexter - Serial killers and the Dexter's Laboratory cartoon have me a little wary, although I like Dex as a nn.
    Howell - I pronounce it "Howl", not "How-well". I like it a lot but worry it's too weird.
    Jotham - Rhymes with Gotham. It's a family name, but again, too weird?
    Wilder - I love Gus and Wiley together, just hope it's not a self-fulfilling prophecy to name your kid "Wilder".
    Winston - Too old? Is Winnie as a nn too "girly" (I think it's cute on a boy a la Winnie the Pooh)?

Any other suggestions are totally welcome too, since the only one on this list I'm really loving at the moment is Barnaby. Thanks!
    k♥m
    mid-20s. grad student at AU.
    Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Winston · Atlas · Milo

Abram - This one is great, and I love that you can use the nn Bram. I think it's okay if you have two boys with names that begin with an A.
    Barnaby - Hmmm... this name is cool, I just don't know if a little boy would appreciate having this name .
    Bertram - You could always do this name with the nn Bert. I actually know a boy under 5 with the name Bert and it fits him well, love the meaning too. And using Bram like you said would work for a nn too!
    Dexter - I like this name even though there are the associations you talked about, Dex is a great nn.
    Howell - I think that people would say it wrong.
    Jotham - This is pretty cool! I am really into honoring family members. If you are not brave enough to use it in the first name position what about a middle name choice?
    Wilder - Love this name! No, I don't think it is a self-fulfilling prophecy to name your little boy that at all.
    Winston - I like Winston, but not sure about the nn Winnie for a boy, how about Win?

Hope some of this helps!

OOh, forgot to mention that I think that the other two boy names in your signature Dodge and Revere are awesome!

Abram and Henry are the ones I like from your list.
    Sean Michael | Sullivan John | James Patrick |
    Rose Kathleen | Annemarie Frances | Madeleine Grace |

LOVE Wilder. Wiley and Gus works a charm. The rest I enjoy, but Wilder really shone for me. I also really like August. Henry seems pretty popular over here in Australia, I feel like I meet a baby Henry once a week.