Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Thoughts on these names?

So for the last couple of years, my top two boys' names have been August and Henry, pretty consistently. August is still my first choice but now that Henry has risen into the top 50, I'm a little concerned that by the time I have kids it could be in the top 25 or even the top 10. I like it a lot, and it's a family name so it will probably stay on my list as a middle name if that happens, but I want to have some alternatives.

Problem is, I like very few boys' names enough to use. Out of my list, these are the ones I'm hesitant about, I'm hoping the Berries can ease my mind and I can actually have a top 5!

Abram - I like it as a longer form for nn Bram, but not sure about having two boys with A names.
    Barnaby - Indirectly, this honors my grandmother whose Girl Scout camp nn was Barney, and I like how singsong it is. Probably my #3 after Henry. I just don't know if I'm brave enough.
    Bertram - Same as Abram RE: nn Bram, but IDK if a kid would like having this name. I love the meaning though (bright raven).
    Dexter - Serial killers and the Dexter's Laboratory cartoon have me a little wary, although I like Dex as a nn.
    Howell - I pronounce it "Howl", not "How-well". I like it a lot but worry it's too weird.
    Jotham - Rhymes with Gotham. It's a family name, but again, too weird?
    Wilder - I love Gus and Wiley together, just hope it's not a self-fulfilling prophecy to name your kid "Wilder".
    Winston - Too old? Is Winnie as a nn too "girly" (I think it's cute on a boy a la Winnie the Pooh)?

Any other suggestions are totally welcome too, since the only one on this list I'm really loving at the moment is Barnaby. Thanks!
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k m

Florence Beatrix Guinevere Helena Vivian
    August Barnaby Roland Whitney Atlas