Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    I live in a medium-sized town in southeastern Canada whose residents range from middle class upwards, but the majority is rather wealthy people with huge monster houses and fancy cars -_-. The names that I hear the most often on children in my town and the area around it are:

Maya
    Emily
    Laura
    Sarah
    Madison
    Victoria
    Brianna
    Lauren
    Kate/Katie
    Bella/Ella, etc.
    Ava
    Sophia
    Isabelle

Matthew
    Lucas
    Brandon
    Michael
    Nicholas (There are about 8 of them in my grade and 10 more in others!)
    William
    Jacob
    Liam

Not very many of these names are in the top 10 and 20 (with the obvious exceptions), particularly the boys' , but I know such a huge amount of every name on this list That it honestly seems like they should all be in the top 5 (even though that's not even possible). To me, it seems like every family I know with a son, their sons are named either Matthew, Lucas, Brandon, or Nicholas! There are also a lot of Middle Eastern and East Indian people and names.
    Last edited by chicamerlin; May 16th, 2013 at 08:29 PM.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

I live in a southern California beach-y city. My neighborhood is eclectic, educated, multiracial, and mostly liberal.

Girls:
    Adeline
    Lila
    Gigi
    Rayah
    Zamani
    Visanti
    Sienna/Siena
    Brinkley
    Giselle
    Hazel
    Isabella
    Ruby
    Zosia

Boys:
    Elijah
    Levi
    Jack
    Sebastian
    Hudson
    Bodhi
    Indio
    Emilio
    Last edited by sdsurfmama; May 16th, 2013 at 11:04 PM.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I live in a very ritzy, affluent part of Los Angeles near the beach. I share my playground with celebs, entertainment execs, writers, tech, medical, law and media professionals.

Names I hear most often:
    Julian, Jack, Jackson, Liam, Graham, Sebastian, Max, Oliver, Noah, Carter, Nixon, Cole, Luke, Henry, Milo, Levi, Clay, Eli, Mason, Ryan, Miles, Thomas, Harrison, Wyatt...and then those I cannot pronounce or spell.

Juliet, Sophie, Emily, Isabelle, Stella, Mia, Ryan, Zoe, Kaitlin, Kate, Grace, Ashley, Violet, Lucy, Lexi, Sahara, Betsy, Lucia, Ellie, Jordan, Olivia, Madison, Esme, Eleanor, Charlotte, Olive...and those I cannot pronounce nor spell.

I live in the Western US, downtown in a big city. In my city, each neighborhood has a distinct personality. My neighborhood sits between the wealthy, old-money one, and a lower-income, ethnically diverse one, so that it is very eclectic. It is common to see an older 40's home in need of repair, next to a newly remodeled mid century home, next to a brand new McMansion. The neighborhood is liberal and seen as cool and kind of hipster. The anti-suburbs, for young families who want a good school and park, but still want to stay downtown.

Most people I know are very into having unique names, so there aren't a lot of repeats. However there are a few:

Lila/Lyla/Lilah: we know all three born in the last two years.
    Harper: I think all the parents think they are being unique, but there are a TON of Harpers around.
    Ava: 3 of them, all 6 years old. I think the parents are kicking themselves now.
    Hudson: this is the name-du-jour in my hood.
    Emma: yawn.

Otherwise in our playgroup there are a lot of vintage names:
    Eloise Ryan
    Elsie Carol
    Delilah Grace
    Dinah
    Lila Sue
    Eva Joy
    Fiona Mae
    Alma Jane
    Carson
    Bennett
    Sawyer Scott
    Elliot (g)
    Abigail Josephine

One trend in my area: all the middle names we know are family names: fathers name, moms middle name, gradmother's name, moms maiden name, etc. Definitly lots of one-syllable middles too.
    momma to Vivienne Grey

{currently considering}

Colette Isadora Fiona Daphne Margot Bianca Ophelia Francesca Theodora Arabelle Leonora Louisa

Sebastian Felix Hugo Rex Henry Frederick Abraham Everett Gus

I live in Ottawa, Canada - the capital. Lots of federal government employees here and we are on the border of our french province, Quebec - meaning there are a lot of French in the area as well. We have about 1 million people here, mostly middle to upper middle class. I work a Children's Hospital in the area and see a lot of names there. The most common are:

Girls
    Olivia
    Ella/Elliott/Ellie - a lot of these
    Sophie/Sophia
    Mya/Maya
    Claire - unfortunately, as it is my daughter's name

Boys
    Jackson/Jaxon - a tonne of them
    Jacob
    Connor
    Logan
    Liam
    Max/Maxwell
    Leo
    Alexander
    Benjamin - wow, this name is everywhere ... too bad, because I love it
    Mom to Claire Roseline (3) and Ross Thomas (1)
    Expecting #3 in August