Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I live in North-West/Central London, in a wealthy area with lots of artists, journalists, actors and quite a few celebs. It's pretty lefty, people with money who don't want to live in posh areas. The interesting thing is that I live right by the canal where there are boathomes, and they are pretty different from the rest.
    Girl names: Imogen, Poppy, Daisy, Violet, Bonnie, Felicity, Sage, India, Matilda, Cecily, Elodie, Delphine, Allegra, Isabel, Florence, Beatrice
    Boy names: Harry, Alfie, Hugo, Hudson, Neville, Woodrow, Lester, Gilbert, Victor, Atticus, Felix, Cassian, Reuben, Ivo, Alexander, Noah
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I have no idea what people are currently calling their kids where I live (and wouldn't know how to find out x_x) so I'll give you a sample of the names from the 80's/90's. I live in an extreme suburb of Liverpool bounded by the sea on one side and farmland and woodland on the other three. It's referred to officially as a 'village' but 'small country town' is what North West in Bloom decided to call us There is a resident naughty peacock who roams around digging up peoples bulbs and we have a village show in the summer where people enter home made jams etc. Parts of the village were built in the 1880's, parts in the 1930's but most in the 1960/80's. I'd say the majority of the people who live here are middle class and my parent's friends were other police officers, business owners, nurses, doctors and teachers.

This is what they named their kids:

Alison, Alexandra, Susannah, Eleanor, Kelly, Lindsay, Gabrielle, Rebecca, Karen, Laura, Samantha, Jennifer, Megan.

James, Michael, Peter, Christopher, Mark, Matthew, Jonathan.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I live in the 10th largest city in Denmark. In general the population is quite creative and especially music is very, very important here, since the biggest music festival in northern Europe is held here every year. That affects the baby naming quite a lot actually, and there's a lot of names inspired by musical legends. Generally most names are quite adventurous, but I will say that there's a few that just keep popping up, such as Oliver, Lucas, Emma and Anna.
    Cleo

I live in a small semi-affluent town outside London which is becoming more and more multi-cultural with the influx of Eastern European immigrants moving into the town. Here are some of the names of the child that live in this town.
    Boys:
    Jakub 'Kuba' I know ten Polish children with this name
    Anze
    Dominik
    Kai
    Archie
    Alfie
    Mohammed
    Harry
    Adam
    Ali
    Bepe

Girls:
    Jahira
    Aisha
    Emilia/Amelia
    Viktoria
    Aria
    Sophia/Sofia
    Mia
    Evie
    Winnie
    Hattie
    Imogen

I live in a middle-class suburb of a western town of about 7,000 people.

Girl names I've heard: Emma, Olivia, Brinley, Briklyn (seriously. They called her "Bricky" for short), Icelyn (call her "Icy"), Morgan, Sylvie, Rachel.

Boys names I've heard: Nick, Blaine, McCoy, Noah, Quentin, Brayden, Tayden, Tytan, Taggart, Tayton, etc.

People living here seem to really like the mish-mash syllable names.

Names i hear from Facebook friends' (most of which grew up around here and have moved away): Olivia, Presley, Payton (every spelling imaginable of this name), Paisley (also every spelling imaginable), Savannah, Leola, Audrey, Gigi, Bentley (one boy and one girl with this name), Ivy, Jaycie, Oliver, Madelyn (several spellings), Sydney...
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.