Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    I live in a very traditional Irish working class Catholic neighborhood, a lot of younger kids named Irish names/saints names typically. I also work in the preschool in neighborhood so I deal with kids all day.

So there's:

John (x3)
    Eli
    Carter
    Connor (x3)
    Andrew (x4 - two of them go exclusively by Drew)
    Anthony (x2)
    Kellan
    Seamus
    James
    Devin
    Joe
    Mikey/Michael
    Aaron

Clare/Claire (One of each)
    Isla
    Marie
    Erin
    Shannon
    Anna
    Sophia (x2)
    Leah
    Juliet
    Skylar
    Lainey
    Emma
    Giada
    nana | ttc#1
    mama to pit bulls z&m
    fiona | sinead | niamh | brigid | catriona | eira | ailish | saoirse | eillidh | aine |
    finnegan | sullivan | malachy | killian | jameson | cormac | donovan | eamonn | seamus |

I live in a secluded little valley in a small town where 80% of the adult population doesn't have a college degree. Where I go to school is technically a small city, but it still feels very small town. There's several medium-ish cities nearby, but a lot of the area is rural. I'm talking acres of property with cows and horses. The majority of kids here are given trendy names. A nice sampler:
    Haley/Haile/Hailey/Haily/Hayley/ect.
    Brittney/Britney/Brtiney
    Ashlee/Ashley
    Miranda
    Amanda
    Bethany
    Kate
    Katie
    Emily
    Emma
    Hannah
    Sophia
    Riley
    Ryan
    Kiara/Kierra/Kira
    Caitlyn/Kaitlyn/Kaytlyn
    Jordan
    Sierra
    Savannah
    Alex

Jacob
    Jake
    Alex
    Tyler
    Ty
    Ryan
    Ben
    Cole
    Austin
    Sydney

It was refreshing to meet a Lydia, and to hear of a Harriet.
    Last edited by aj_bear; May 16th, 2013 at 02:34 AM.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

I live in an expensive yupstery part of Los Angeles. Everyone, to a hilariously uniform degree, works in the business side of the entertainment industry, medicine or law. I know, like, one guy who's a PR exec and that's it.

The entertainment people for the most part give their children very standard names-- Mason, Ava, Kate. I know a few entertainment kids named Nadia, Daisy, Eloise, Dashiell and Leo, but it's uncommon to deviate much from top 20 names. After all, they all have business degrees only and are very conscious of branding and trends.

The professional types are the classic yupsters, very concerned about being the right kind of different and showing off their expensive educations if at all possible. Rosalie, Cassia, Amelie, Adeline, Cora, Sylvia, and Jessamine for girls; Dashiell (another one), Simon, Antoine, Radley, Nixon (!), Makaio, Xander, Arlo and Phineas for boys.

We've just bought a house in the San Fernando Valley, which is the sine qua non of the middle class suburb (even though its so pricy now it's not true). We'll be living with a large enclave of Orthodox Jews, a good number of Middle Eastern people (Armenians and Persians mainly), Hispanic people and a dash of everyone else. There are lots more kids there than in our current hood so we'll see.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

I live in an artsy, hipster type town with a big music scene. It's full of college students and yupster 30-somethings. But it is also in the South, so 10 or so miles outside of town becomes a little... rough, for lack of a better word. The names we're used to hearing in our specific neighborhood are definitely hipster-y... Wren, Grey, Tallulah, Wylie, Jack, lots of Sophia's and Abigail's, Hazel, Jackson, Iris, Mavis, etc.

My hometown though is very rural, very country, lots of camouflage, etc. and the names I hear there are more like Aiden, Cayden, Jaden, Layla, Mia, Mya, Kylie, Riley, Kaylee, Hunter... I keep up with a few dozen people from high school and their kids are Khloe, Chandler, Zoe, Hadley, another Chloe, Gabriella, Nolan, Rylan, 2 Aiden's, Corbin, and Hailey.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.

We moved to East London a few months ago (a fairly affluent suburb, pretty but nothing very remarkable about it otherwise), and the name I hear constantly is Rory! We must be in a pocket of popularity for it. With girls, Ellie/Ella/Bella or Grace seem to be the only names used here! My partner works at an after-school club, so we get a good sampler, but he's not the best at remembering names so he tends to think of all the girls as 'Ella' because it's so ubiquitous. Though he did say that there was a Livia (NOT Olivia), which is unexpected. Other than Rory, the boys' names are very predictable, pretty much following national statistics (so many Olivers!). There's also a relatively high number of unusual non-English names, as it is quite multicultural here. When we used to live in North London (very artsy, with some very affluent areas nearby), the names we heard were much more interesting: Estelle, lots of Wilfreds, Henrys and Arthurs, Claudette, Emmeline, Albert, Josiah, Gloria.
    Last edited by caroline147; May 16th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore