Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Loic - WDYT?

Loic - WDYT?

Pronounced Low-ick. I've been coming across this name more and more recently, and it's growing on me. I've also seen the variant spelling Loick, but I don't think I like the K quite as much.

Nameberry lists it as a French variation of Lucas or Louis (I thought Louis was French anyway but whatever) and I think it's both a more unusual alternative to popular Luke and Lucas, as well as a bit more fresh than Eric.

I do like French names, but is this one just too much to use? And would he need French-sounding sibling names as well?

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I'm not really a fan... I have a feeling he'd constantly be explaining his name, and that he's not a foreign exchange student.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I like it. It is different, but easy to pronounce. Not heard often, but not made up.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Frances Emilia ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra Benjamin Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Samuel John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

Loïc is actually pronounced "lo-EEK" because of the accent on the "i". It's not my favourite French boys name but it's ok. Personally, if you have such a distinctive name like this one (as opposed to something like Louis or Charles), I think other French/Breton names are best for siblings. Off the top of my head, Thierry, Yannick and Rémy would be nice options for a boy and Céleste, Delphine and Simone for a girl.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Guess Low-ick is the Anglicised pronuncuation then, that's the only way I've heard it said. And I agree something more distinctly French would be better as a sibling, except I'm in no way French, and can claim no heritage. Might have to keep this one as a GP.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George