Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I vote for Winifred. I love that name!

Just a suggestion: Guinevere. It is kind of a mix of the two names, leans more towards the nickname Winnie, and is prettier than Gwendolyn IMO anyway.
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!

I like Guinevere a lot, and Gwendolyn doesn't really lead you to Winnie. I, however, have a particular dislike for Winifred, it sounds too...I don't know, it just isn't a very appealing name. A very unusual full name for Winnie is Winter. You could also do something like their name is Gwendolyn Winifred ______ (whatever the last name is) and they go by Winnie. Kinda like having someone named John William, and they go by Will. Go by the nickname for your middle name.
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I think that Winifred would make more sense if you're going to call her Winnie either way, even though both names are nice.

I agree that Winifred is a good full name, but I really dislike the name. Not that it matters to me; it's not my story!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski