Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Do You Prefer?

For my newest character in the making, I'm stuck between Winifred and Gwendolyn. Either way, her nickname is going to be Winnie. She's going to be named for her grandmother. She's in her early twenties, with strawberry-blonde hair, freckles, and green eyes; if that helps any. I just need some opinions here, because I'm stuck!
    Proud Mommy of Rebecca Jo Lucille and Elijah Raymond

Winifred leans more naturally to nn Winnie. With Gwendolyn, I'd be more inclined to use nn Gwen.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

Quote Originally Posted by essjay View Post
    Winifred leans more naturally to nn Winnie. With Gwendolyn, I'd be more inclined to use nn Gwen.
    I completely agree.
    ~Mehri

Is your female character a bit tomboyish or girly-girly? I would choose Winifred for a boyish character and Gwendolyn for a frilly female. I have to agree with the pp's. I wouldn't think of Winnie as a nn for Gwendolyn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Yes, I love Winifred. Have you considered Guinevere? I like that more than Gwendolyn and the nickname Winnie sounds a bit better with it...what do you think?
    Just a teenage writer with a fascination for names!