Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do these names sound too similar to be a first and middle?

My friend is having a baby girl (so excited!) and she was thinking of using Matilda Marlena (Tilly for short). Her only concern is that Matilda and Marlena sound quite similar. Are they too similar sounding to be a first and middle combo? And is it too much if her last name also begins with an 'M' (2 syllables). Matilda Marlena M______ 'Tilly' - what do you think?

I think Matilda Marlene would have a bit better flow. I don't think the MMM initials are too bad though. She'd be Matilda M or Tilly M most of the time anyway.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I am second Matilda Marlene! Agree MMM initials are not a big deal plus I guess it's what your friend is going for.
    Last edited by mclevine; May 15th, 2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Forgot to add second "s" in "guess":)

Thanks guys! Her other option is Matilda Lucie. Which do you think sounds better - Matilda Marlene or Matilda Lucie?

I think Matilda Marlena is actually really fun sounding! And Tilly Marlena is great

Matilda Lucie is also really pretty, but Tilly Lucie sounds odd.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin