Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I went to an Ivy League school... the fact that it conjures images of Northeastern preppiness makes it MUCH less appealing to me. Met a few too many rich, snobbish kids that I wouldn't really want that connection... But if you like the Northeastern preppiness, then more power to you!
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

Quote Originally Posted by philomena View Post
    I don't like it at all. It's too wordy for me. I don't think prep when I hear crew, I think a group of men on a ship.
    I think of men on a ship (a ship's crew) and preppy at the same time. A male who wears a popped collar while cleaning a ship.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I saw this name for the first time a few months ago and I actually love it!! I can just see a preppy young man named Crew. Cute!

Maybe it's because I went to school with a guy named Crew for four years, but Crew doesn't phase me. I don't see a group of men on a ship or anything nautical; I just see the guy I know named Crew. The only thing that throws me is trying to figure out where the sudden interest in Crew as a first name came from. Of all the words to be turned into names, why Crew?

Anyway, Crew isn't my style but I don't dislike it. I picture a hulking football player rather than a wealthy, Ivy League prep, but again... I'm biased.
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I love it! It reminds me of sailboats and the Northeast. Can't go wrong with that!