Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think in most circumstances you should stop at two. I wouldn't think three middle names was pretentious if there was a good reason for it - like maybe you were only having one child and you had extra people that were really important to you to honour - but for practicality if nothing else, I wouldn't recommend.

Joffrey, however, I think would be a baaad idea.

Joffrey ... your favourite character? Wow, you're the first Joffrey fan I've heard of.

I think 3+ middles are more suiting for royal families, however if you have a legitimate reason for giving your child three middle names, I think that's alright (especially concerning mum's maiden name etc.). Two middles are great though, that's what I prefer.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting old Danish names, Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda/Johanna Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda/Anna" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise

And for the moment: Atticus Elessar Oisín • Aviaaja Agnes Lúthien "Avi"

I think two middles is the limit. One of my friends gave her daughter five middle names, and that was way too many! As for your favourite character being Joffrey... fine, it's your choice if you like an evil, sadistic teen king, but to name your son after him? I think that is a bad idea.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Troll. Surely. No one could possibly like the King of Fail. I refuse to believe it, lol.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    Troll. Surely. No one could possibly like the King of Fail. I refuse to believe it, lol.
    That's what I was thinking. There is pretty much nothing redeemable about Joffrey's character.
    cassia | vivian | flora
    peregrine | jolyon | arthur