Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Middle name suggestions for Serafina

Hello,

So my husband and I are having a little girl in August and finally decided on a first name, Serafina. Husband is Italian so that is why we went with that spelling. We wanted an "s" name to honor both my mom, Shari and his mom, Sandra, who passed away from cancer and it also the angels reference is special too. But now we need a middle name. Our last name starts with an "M" and is three syllables long.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by jmo2; May 14th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.

I think with a 4-syllable first name and a 3-syllable surname, the middle name should probably only be about one syllable.

Serafina Jane
    Serafina Lux
    Serafina May
    Serafina June
    Serafina Blue
    Serafina Jade
    Serafina Reine
    Serafina Hope
    Serafina Wren
    Serafina Faith
    Serafina Tess
    Serafina Dove
    Serafina Lark
    Serafina Ruth
    Serafina Fay
    Serafina Claire
    Serafina Kate
    Serafina Liv
    Serafina Blake
    Serafina Blaire
    Serafina Joy

I put my favorites in bold.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

I love the suggestion of Serafina Joy! Don't think I can do better than that.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I was thinking a one syllable mn too but wanted to see if that was the consensus. And if there were any combinations I hadn't thought of yet ( long or short)

I like Serafina Kate but I think I like the sound of it more than the look of it. I'm really struggling to like any of the one syllable names though, but couldn't tell you why. It took a long time to decide on Serafina. I guess because I don't want it to be too "normal" as my name is Jennifer Ann and I guess I just find it somewhat boring ( most of my siblings are very much the same as well: Matthew, Kyle, Lisa & their kids, Noah, Hannah, Levi, Benjamin & Christopher)
    Last edited by jmo2; May 15th, 2013 at 07:57 AM.

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot