Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

War of the Lilies. :)

I think this is destined to be a question I never really have the solution to, but that doesn't keep me from trying. Lily is a name that honors my grandmother in a very wonderful and special way, and I think in some form, it'll always be on my list--I just wish I could decide in which form! I honestly love most Lily names, but I usually am able to narrow it down to Liliana, Lillian, and Lilia--my three favorites (although I do have a special place in my heart for Lilias, Lilibet, and Liliane!). But alas, my dilemma:

Liliana. I love how princessy and feminine it is, but there are days (like now!) where it just feels so blah and like it's just another -ana name. Another plus: it honors both grandmothers. Lily for one grandmother, and Ana means "grace", which is my other grandmother's mn (then again, I always planned on using Grace somewhere in my first daughter's name to honor this grandmother, so do I really need the 'ana'?).

Lillian. It's so, so, so classic. Which I love. And I've been told it goes better with a lot of my favorites than Liliana, but my top choice for a girl is Isabelle, and it has been for what seems like forever. As distinct as Isabelle and Lillian sound, they're both forms of Elizabeth and I don't know if I can get past that. Deal breaker?

Lilia. I love how unexpected it is, but I'm not sure if I can really see me with a Lilia. It almost seems too unusual, but I think that's part of its appeal for me--I generally love a similar style, but sometimes I feel like I don't want to stick to that familiar/classic/predictable style. Then again, it's probably way too similar to use with Olivia, which is in my top three (and has been for as long as Isabelle has been number one, if not longer).

In the war of the Lilies, which wins? Argh, I'm always so torn!

Thanks, ladies!
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

I have an Isabelle and we are considering Lillian for our new baby girl. I really like Lillian, but one of my reservations with it, is that it has "old lady" associations. Liliana is also lovely! Either way, a child with one of those names will very likely get Lil or Lilly.

Lillian wins for me! Lillian and Isabelle seem fine to me for sisters. Not many would know they were derived from Elizabeth, outside of name nerds of course . With Lillian you can always use Lilia as the NN.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Lillian is the winner for me. I worked with a wonderful woman named Lillian and it gives me the warm fuzzies when I hear it. It is a beautiful name.

Lillian. Like you said, it's classic. When I think about Lilian, my mind goes straight to the flower and not to Elizabeth (although I've read about their connection before). So I don't think it's a problem.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna.
    21 years old name nerd. Finally done with uni.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Luca | Amias