Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Elin (EE-LYNN) SPELLED ELYIN ? PLEASE HELP

HI, I have an ill grandmother who loves the name Elin.. I would be happy to let her choose the name.. But, I really dont like the spelling Elin.. Its pronounced EE-LYNN. What do you think about Elyin? Please give me feedback. Thanks in advance.

Re: Elin (EE-LYNN) SPELLED ELYIN ? PLEASE HELP

I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's illness. I think the Swedish spelling of Elin is beautiful in its simplicity. I like it better than the similar Ellen. Sorry but I don't find Elyin very appealing with the "y". When I saw it, I wanted to pronounce it "ellie-in". I think this spelling may give you more pronunciation headaches than Elin. Do you like Helen, Helena, Elena or Elaina as alternatives to Elin? I guess you could always spell it Elyn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I would stick with the traditional spelling. If I saw the name Elyin, I would automatically pronounce it el-yin.
    Girls: Cosima Jane * Violet Evangeline * Cordelia Faye * Cassandra Ivy

Boys: Eh, I'll get back to you...

Given all of the press that Tiger Woods's wife has received, I would think more people are familiar with the name, Elin, as it is.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico, Gianfranco, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa, Valerio
    Katarina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Romana, Alba, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirellina, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Cordelia, Leona/Leonie

I agree that Elin is beautiful as is!