Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Liesel

Liesel

I've been a fan of the name ever since I first read it in a book as a middle schooler. I've hardly seen it mentioned since though.
    Besides the book and the Sound of Music character, I don't think I've encountered or heard of anyone, fictional or real, with it.

What are your thoughts on the name?
    I'm personally a big fan of the meaning, and it has a slight artistic air to it. It seems to be a multi-faced name, in that it can be worn on any appearance or personality.
    I like that it's similar to names that I already like: Elisabeth, Elisa, Elise, Eloise.

I think it would fit nicely into my SOs family since he's largely of German ancestry, and his mother's name is Elise.

EDIT: Pronunciation, I've been saying it Lee-zill, is that correct? Or is it Lye-zill?
    Last edited by east93; May 14th, 2013 at 09:31 PM.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

Be still my heart....one of my all time favorites. I love, love, love, it.

Liesel is a really beautiful name! It is mild and slightly quirky all at the same time. I love the lilting quality that it has and I would be so excited to meet someone named Liesel!
    Not expecting, just planning and building lists!

I think Liesel is adorable! It has a lovely sound and just exudes sweetness to me. My only issue is that I cannot picture it on an adult. I always see a little girl. For me it just doesn't age well I guess. I really have no reason for it other than the fact that I just can't picture it. I would love to met a Liesel though

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Beautiful name. Not common but recognizable. There is an Australian swimmer with the name, but she spells it differently. I know a teenager with Lisel as a middle name.

I like it.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014