Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

There are as many girls named Sthefany as Kirstie, Coretta, Kaye, and Dulcie. @ @

Looking up the top 7000 names, ranked so that names that have multiple spellings are counted all together as a single name to get a real measure of their popularity. The site shows how many of each child with each spelling was born. I’m looking for 2011. Here are some of the genius parents we have from 2011.

Number of kids named:

Klowi (Chloe) 6

Xoey (Zoe) 29

Heyli (Haley) 9

Nataliee (Natalie) 11

Mkenzi (Mackenzie) 5 and Mikenzii (7)

Aahna (Ana/Anna)14

Teighlor (Taylor) 7

Lundyn (London) 81

Melony (Melanie) 46 (as in…like a melon?!)

Deztyni (Destiny) 6

Jenasis (Genesis) 22

Faythe (Faith) 14

Jlyn (Jaylyn)10

Kla (Kayla) 10

Jahde (Jade) 5

Sthefany (Stephanie) 5

Dlylah (Delilah) 7

Jenipher (Jennifer) 5

Shyanne (Cheyenne) 222 (um…so you named your child… Shy Anne?!)

Journee (383), Jurnee (190), Journei (60) (Journey)

Kwynn (Quinn) 8

Angle (Angel) 7 (Like…a RIGHT ANGLE?)

Miley (987) *just facepalms*

Lyndzee (5) Lincy (5) Lyndzie (5) Lynzee (5) (as in Lindsay)

Ivee (Ivy) 15

Hydie (Heidi) 5

Lyriq (Lyric) 47

Jlee (5) and Jleigh (5) (aka Jaylee)

Any (Annie) 5 (as in do you want any more food?!)

Karsyn (Carson) 408 *facepalmfacepalmfacepalm*

Myrikal (Miracle) 11

Annistyn (Aniston) 28 (…if you’re naming your child after someone famous, SPELL IT RIGHT)

Yunique (Unique) 9

Analy (Annalee) 61 (yes…as in…taking it up the butt)

As a comparison…these comparably normal names had THIS many kids:

Coretta (5)

Kirstie (5)

Dulcie (5)

Lupe (6)

Alexandrina (6)

Antonina (17)

Tora (9)

Geri (9)

Polly (44)

Kaye (5)

Mena (37)

Noreen (20)

Dori (13)

Roseanne (7)

Christiane (13)

Faithmarie (7)

Kiki (10)

Lisamarie (10)

Veronique (11)

Roselle (6)

Jessamine (8)

Azura (16)

Trish (16)

Morgana (11)

Drucilla (9)

Felipa (8)

Imogene (13)

Sheryl (24)

Jeanne (39)

Cathy (47)

Aretha (5)

Thomasina (6)

There are more people named Journee than all those names combined.

There are more people named Miley than Heather (387), Brittney (202),Dawn (93), Lisa (392) combined.

………….
    Anya Angelina, Alessandra Mary, Delilah Claire, Adella India, Lydia Emanuella, Susannah Lenore, Caroline Michaela, Rikarah Jade, Liadah Cristina, Leah Cassandra, Alicia Cordelia, Eliza Francesca, Jade Antonia, Jessamine Faith, Audrina Rosemary, Shana Ariadne, Dana Rachel
    Nathaniel Malachi, Wesley Joseph, Gavin Daniel, Daniel Alexander, Lewis Malcolm, Jared Levi, Jesse Gabriel, Connor Michael, Callum Wade, Keegan Jude, Quentin Dominick, Micah Lucian, Miguel Antonio, Adam Gabriel

I think some of those, such as Angle, are a misspelling on the part of whoever typed up the paperwork.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Interesting! Could be some misspellings from parents, too, rather than people who typed up the paperwork. People can be really terrible spellers.

As a side note, I have always loved Dulcie and knew a lovely girl with this name when I was a teenager (she would be in her 30s now).
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). TTC #5

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I feel badly for all of the children with "yooneek" or "kre8tif" spellings. Their parents are just setting them up for a lifetime of spelling their names. They look like letters randomly thrown together rather than names (Dlylah, Deztyni? Sthefany? Yikes!). Some of the other names may have to be spelled as well but at least the spellings are correct. I don't mind Christiane, Veronique, Jessamine, Morgana and Thomasina.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

lol, there is a woman who goes to my church whose name is Faythe.

At the same time... YES, these names are awful. And yes, I would much rather see Catherine and Juliet and Isabella and even Sloane above D'Lylah, but I'm getting so sick of the rants. These are actual children with these names, and while it's unfortunate, it's just a name. I know dozens of children with much worse, and it's just the area I'm in, just the ministry my church targets where parents use these types of names, and just because a kid has an awful name doesn't make them an awful child, and a name only defines so much. This trend doesn't seem to be dying down, so I'm not really sure if having a name like Destyne instead of Destiny (or even something classic like Lillian) will really hold her back.

I think we all agree misspellings make us cringe and we all feel strongly about it, but complaining thread after thread isn't really helping any of them.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George