Names Searched Right Now:

Does this name work with siblings names?

We are expecting baby girl #3 in July and we are having a very hard time deciding on a name. I have two other daughters named Delaney and Emerson(Emmie). I have always liked unisex/ boys names on girls, but as of late have been questioning whether or not I want to give her a girlier name. The name that my husband and I have been liking recently is Isla, but I am wondering if it fits in with my other girls names okay. What do you guys think? Any other name suggestions? Thanks for your input.

Isla is certainly more feminine than Delaney and Emerson so it would be a departure from the unisex path you chose for your older girls. However, there is a Celtic connection between Isla and Delaney so that's a plus. Personally, I don't like mixing unisex and feminine names together in a family but it's definitely a personal choice. If you like Isla enough to overlook that issue, then go for it!

With Delaney and Emerson, I would go for something like...

Sawyer
    Hollis
    Meredith
    Clare
    Marlowe
    Blythe
    Kendall
    Harper
    Madigan
    Garnet
    Tatum
    Blair
    Eliette
    Sloane
    Reese
    Mckenna
    Adair
    Spencer
    Morrigan
    Piper
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think Isla fits in well, they are all pretty unique in their own right, and therefore sit well together. Isla isn't overly girlie or cutesy either i don't think. Plus I am not sure everyone needs to be the same. Maybe people will find it odd if all names were boys turned for girls names? Really though, i think it sounds just great for all the reasons previously mentioned. And if it is something you are both in agreement and fond of, that is a big plus. It is hard for me and my partner to agree on names lol. I say go for it

Personally I've always felt that you should go with the name you love so if you love Isla I would say go for it.

But here's some that would fit with your sibset....

Perrin
    Darby
    Darcy
    Larkin
    Quincy
    Marlow
    Locklyn
    Ansel
    Hadley
    Oakley
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot