Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Wow, I love literature but compared to everyone else who's posted I feel like I've hardly read anything! Will certainly check out some of these books myself.

If you love classics, then anything Jane Austen for sure! You've probably read some of her books already, but she's one author I love going back to and get something new out of it every time. I haven't read all her books but loved all the ones I did; my favourite is P&P. Her writing style is so forceful, witty and genteel at the same time.

It's teen fiction but I second the suggestion of A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray! It's a great historical fiction/fantasy/thriller combo and kept me up a fair few nights, so suspenseful and hard to put down. There's a whole trilogy actually- it's called the Gemma Doyle Trilogy. I love the names in it too.

I'm surprised no one's suggested Gone With the Wind, one of my favourite books of all time. Epic, dramatic, exciting and feels so much shorter than it is- I almost wished it were longer! Every character is unique and memorable, even the minor ones.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Ooh, books! My favorite thing in the world (also, a great distraction from a paper I'm supposed to be writing.) Most of the books I read are classics, I suppose I"m a snob, but I've liked a lot of them! A few of my faves:

North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
    The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
    This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    The Wine of Solitude by Irene Nemirovsky
    Jezebel by Irene Nemirovsky
    Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy (though it takes so. flipping. long to get through.)
    I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith
    A Room with a View by E. M. Forster
    Where Angels Fear to Tread by E. M. Forster
    I second @bre with the Angus, Throngs and Full Frontal Snogging (the entire series is hysterical!)
    Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
    Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
    Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell (literally one of my favorite books- I've read it five times)
    Dracula by Bram Stoker

There are so many other books but my essay, it calls. Le sigh. Should I think of any others, I'll try to list them. There are lots of great suggestions here!
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Right now, I'm reading 20,000 Leagues under the Sea. It's pretty good, so far.
    My personal name list on behindthename: http://www.behindthename.com/pnl/89873/89696.
    My List of Name Combos: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9745611
    Please vote.

Seconding the North & South by Elizabeth Gaskell recommendation. Ahh the teacup scene!!! Also seconding anything by Yann Martel, Ray Bradbury, AJ Jacobs, or Jane Austen.

The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent is historical fiction based on a real woman from the Salem with trials. Very good!

The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway. Oh how i adore this book. Everyone i recommend it to seems to hate it.

I'm currently reading a book called The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and i forget the author but it's a delightful little mystery novel and the names in it make me happy (the sisters are Ophelia, Daphne, and Flavia).

I have to admit: in the summer i have a tendency to lose myself in chick-lit. I read Bridget Jones's Diary every summer and again at Christmas (although that could also count as satire so). Others I've enjoyed are:
    Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella (i could never get into the Shopaholic series, but this book is delightful)
    Me and Mr Darcy by Alexandra Potter
    Austenland and Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale (the Austenland movie will hit theaters at the end of August. I had the opportunity to see it at the sundance film festival and it is truly hilarious)

Loving everyone else's suggestions!
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

I guess your probably have read it a million times but I am now re-reading The Picture Of Dorian Gray. Such a genius book, I like Wilde's language. I have read it in Russian but in English it's just...awesomeness.
    Also on my list "To read and to re-read"
    The Shining by Stephen King(as for gothic thrillers I also love love love The Fall Of The House Of Usher by Edgar Poe. Brilliant!)
    The Green Mile by Stephen King
    The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov
    The Black Swan by Thomas Mann
    The Cathcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
    Doctor Zhivago by Boris Pasternak
    A Clockwork Orange by Anhtony Burgess
    The Color Purple by Alice Walker
    You can say I am boring
    Last edited by mclevine; May 15th, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Typos