Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Well, I love vampires and The Hunger Games so I don't know if we have the same taste in books. I do love fantasy and historical novels too though. Have you read George RR Martin's novels based on the tv show Game of Thrones? I LOVE them!
    Other books I have enjoyed:
    Graceling by Kristin Cashore - can't wait to read the others in the series
    Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth - Dystopian type series that I liked A LOT better than The Hunger Games
    Cassandra Clare's novels are great too - The Mortal Instruments series and The Infernal Devices
    The Witch's Daughter - Paula Brackston
    I loved The Time Traveller's Wife and Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
    The next book I read will probably be The Birth House by Ami McKay (she lives in Nova Scotia, where I live)
    One of my favorite books ever is The Stand by Stephen King

HTH

Some of my favorites...

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
    The Tea Rose trilogy by Jennifer Donnelly
    The Book Thief by Marcus Zuzak
    Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
    A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
    The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
    The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
    The Lovely Bones by Alice Seebold
    Atonement by Ian McEwan
    The Great Gatsby by F.Scott Fitzgerald
    Violet Gray
    Sad name-obsessed teenager and aspiring writer

Current Name Loves: Jack, Oliver, Leo & Finn <3

I will always recommend the classics: The Odyssey & The Illiad (both translated by Fitzgerald or Fagles), The Aenaid (if you can get the original translation by Gavin Douglas that's great, if not Fitzgeral is again great, and Day-Lewis as well), The Divine Comedy (the newest is good, by JG Nichols), Paradise Lost, Metamorphoses (Reaburn). And The Faerie Queene.

These are regular fiction:
    Andrew Davidson – The Gargoyle (one of my favourite books. You'll need a handkerchief.)
    Angela Carter – Heroes & Villains, The Magic Toyshop (kind of weird, but great great books. Short.)
    Anne TylerSaint Maybe, The Accidental Tourist, Patchwork Planet (anything by Anne Tyler is recommended, but these are some of my favourites.)
    Chad Harbach – The Art of Fielding (just read this one, I enjoyed it very much. About college and baseball.)
    Daphne du Maurier – Jamaica Inn, My Cousin Rachel (mysterious and (I think) even better than Rebecca.)
    David Foster Wallace – Infinite Jest (if you've got a whole lot of time, and an organised brain, this can't be beat. It's long and complicated though.)
    David Nicholls – One Day, Starter for Ten (lovely books, you laugh and cry.)
    Donna Tartt – The Secret History (very mysterious and cool. Had me biting nails.)
    Iris Murdoch – the Unicorn, Under the Net, The Black Prince (beautifully written, intriguing books)
    James Salter – Light Years (underrated classic, one of my favourite books.)
    Jeanette Winterson - Written on the Body, Lighthousekeeping, The Passion (so unique, her novels read like poems. They're all beautiful, but these three are my favourites. Lovely underrated works of beauty.)
    Jennifer Egan – A Visit From the Goon Squad, Invisible Circus (weird, fascinating stories)
    Joanna Harris – The Evil Seed & Sleep, Pale Sister (before her Chocolat days. These are quite gothic.)
    Junot Diaz – The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, This is How You Lose Her (modern, fun, sad, great books. He's a favourite of mine.)
    Kate Atkinson – Behind the Scenes at the Museum (anything by Kate is great, but this is her best. It's a little mystery.)
    Linda Olsson – Astrid & Veronika (One of my top 5 favourite books ever. Sad, beautiful, sweet and charming. Handkerchief book.)
    Maggie O’Farrell – After You’d Gone, The Hand That First Held Mine (The same as above.)
    Melissa Bank – The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing (Just pure fun. Every girl should read this. Definitely a Desert island book.)
    Michel Faber – The Crimson Petal & the White (big book, but so good. Very very recommended read if you like Victorian settings)
    Nancy Garden – Annie On My Mind (kind of a gay cult classic. An excellent read.)
    Nicole Krauss – The History of Love (sweet, lovely, funny, charming.)
    Rosamund Lupton – Sister (this is like a thriller/crime. It's quite horrible, but also very good.)
    Rose Tremain – Music & Silence (historical book from the Danish court.)
    Sarah Waters – Fingersmith (so good, about two young (lesbian/bisexual) women in Victorian England.)
    Siri Hustvedt – The Enchantment of Lily Dahl (creepy, excellent book)
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Oh, I second @tangocamper! I'm a big Bradbury fan (see username) and Dandelion Wine is fantastic for summer!

A ton of great suggestions already (especially Graceling, highly recommend it and its companion books); I'll just add a couple:

A Certain Slant of Light ~ Laura Whitcomb
    Such a beautiful, lyrical book.

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane ~ Katherine Howe
    A historical fiction that takes place during present time and the Salem Witch Trials. There's also some pretty cool Puritan names in there as well!
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~