Names Searched Right Now:
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    its the main characters favorite book and as i have not read Tess, from what i understand the author mirrors Ana & Christians relationship with Tess & Alec, i believe showing what a truly unhealthy relationship is (Tess & Alec) to one that is naturally flawed (Ana & Christian). i

say naturally flawed because as people criticize this book & this fictional relationship, the characters grow and admit their faults, they stop living for themselves and put the needs of their partner first. Ana & Christian are different and better people at the end of the books. this is how we all are, in a healthy relationship. whether that involves 'red rooms of pain' or not has nothing to do with the health level. respect and consent and growing together even though we do or say the wrong thing sometimes does. because we are human. and we love each other enough to not to judge and criticize each other and put effort into the relationship. well....at least the half of the population that isnt divorced. the other half seem to need to get some perspective and maybe read Fifty Shades. we need to take a good look in the mirror at our own flaws because a marriage and a relationship is meant to be forever - and your partner will never be perfect and you will never be perfect - but you can work together to better yourselves, year after year. thats the lesson from Fifty Shades. forget if you dont like that its in Seattle or that the writing is that of a college girl (funny how the main character is a college girl and its written from her perspective - crazy the book comes across like that) - if you dont like the story thats one thing, but since most people hate it and call out all the characters flaws as if they are supposed to be perfect really demonstrates that we are ignorant and blind in our relationships and judgement of whats right and wrong.
    i do not ignore the Rich Text toolbar provided me. i bold, italicize, enlarge, underline and CAPITALIZE for emphasis, individuality, and to capture attention among the endless Arial Standard Size Font that everyone else uses.
    i am not screaming nor will i cosset you. i do this to highlight the most important aspect of my thoughts so they are not lost again in the never ending sea of tiny, black, tempered letters that make up forums everywhere.
    ~*~ i encourage you to do the same ~*~

Quote Originally Posted by orphanedhanyou View Post
    I say naturally flawed because as people criticize this book & this fictional relationship, the characters grow and admit their faults, they stop living for themselves and put the needs of their partner first. Ana & Christian are different and better people at the end of the books.
    Hi. May I introduce you to Jen? Jenny Reads 50 Shades of Grey | Sweaters For Days She's onto reviewing the last book now and has not come across any evidence yet of the characters growing or admitting their faults. Ana is just as scared of Christian in book three as she is in book one.

There's also this article Jen wrote: Let’s talk about 50 Shades in a calm and rational way. | Sweaters For Days in which she discusses 50 Shades with its supporters in a calm manner, going through all their arguments for the book.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Do you still want some books to read? I'm copying-and-pasting from the favorite books thread.
    -House of Secrets by Chris Columbus
    -Splintered by A.G. Howard
    -The Giver by Lois Lowry
    -Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne
    -The Fault in our Stars by John Green
    -Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
    -Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin
    -Gone by Michael Grant
    -Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
    -The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
    ~~~In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth~~~

Oops. I just remembered that you don't like dystopias, sorry. Incarceron, Gone, Monument 14, and The Giver are all what I'd consider "Hunger Games type books". Sorry about that.
    EDIT: They're not exactly like THG, I guess. Maybe you will like them, but I'd say look them up on Goodreads first because of the genre.
    Last edited by raevynstar; August 17th, 2014 at 03:14 PM.
    ~~~In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth~~~

The Angels Game and The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. There are more books in the series, but I haven't read them yet (I need to order them from the bookshop). Yes, I know the titles sound cringe worthy, but they are utterly fabulous books- the best I've read in a while.
    Momo Flora
    Dossie Roland

Name List:http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9846712