Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Popularity is not a concern for me at all. I would prefer for some names to be a little less common, but popularity would not stop me from using a name that I truly loved.

♥ Clara Dean Lucy Dominic ♡

Feel free to ask me anything about saints names

Quote Originally Posted by charlieandperry1 View Post
    Yes. That is what I do.

I've lost count of the number of 'does popularity matter?' threads I've seen/responded to. My reasoning is here: http://nameberry.com/nametalk/thread...-pros-and-cons
    Yep.

I'll also second the comment that today's top names aren't used as much as Jessica and Jennifer were back when we were young.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

I do not have children yet, but a lot of the names I like are top 50 at least, and I know Elizabeth jumps back and forth out of the top 10. I have a name that I've only met one other person who has it - so maybe I haven't been scarred by that. I feel like if I love a name, it shouldn't matter how popular it is. HOWEVER, I do get turned off by popularity on names I don't love. Like Isabella. I liked it. It is a good name, but I didn't LOVE it, so now I'm over it.

Another thing for me is that I am very nick name centric. I love nick names and I love coming up with new and unique ones. So if I ever do have an Elizabeth or a Katherine, for example, I will call them something else. Bit, Kit, Bess, Kate, Betsy, Kat, Eliza, etc....
    Ladies
    Anneliese Helena Kate ~ Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Frances Emilia ~ Clarity Elizabeth Celine
    Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra Benjamin Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley
    Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Samuel John

Literary GP Combos
    Charlotte Pemberley Jane ~ Philippa Austen Rose

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

This topic has been discussed a lot lately here on NB. My thoughts are unchanged. Use a name you love, whether it is number 1 or 1001.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

I try as much as possible to stay out of the top 1000 COMPLETELY.

There are some names under 500 I'd use.
    Maryjane Elizabeth

A teenberry author with a healthy obsession of names!
    Casimir Ozias, Mordecai {searching for middle} - Sandrina Noor, Antigone Plum, Cosima Patricia, Desdemona?