Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mary-Juliet?

I love Mary-Juliet!

Recently I've fallen in love with Mary-Elizabeth, Mary-Catherine, Anna-Sophia & Mary-Louise.

I don't see anything wrong with double barreled names. One of my closest friends from high school was named Mary-Ellen.
    Eudora - Casilda - Violetta - Odelia - Leocadia - Odette - Isolde - Valentine - Leopoldine - Isadora
    Eulalia - Aurelia - Marigold - Ariadne - Viola - Cosima - Philomena
    Averil - Caius - Casimir - Basil - Ignatius - Benedict - Thaddeus - Raphael - Leopold - Clement
    Cassian - Isidore - Wenceslaus - Balthasar - Arlo - Gilbert - Cornelius - Augustine - Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by castles View Post
    Double-barreled or not, I adore Mary-Juliet.

My other favorite Mary combos are Mary Blythe and Mary Eliza.
    Thanks, Mary-Blythe is pretty too!

Quote Originally Posted by isabellemarie View Post
    I love Mary-Juliet!

Recently I've fallen in love with Mary-Elizabeth, Mary-Catherine, Anna-Sophia & Mary-Louise.

I don't see anything wrong with double barreled names. One of my closest friends from high school was named Mary-Ellen.
    Ooh, I actually quite like Mary-Ellen and Mary-Elizabeth, but they are a little too expected, so it led me to consider Mary-Elspeth (both grandmothers' names!) which I also absolutely adore! So many Mary options to consider, yay! I also really like Anne- and Anna- as the start of a double-barrelled name. Thank you

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Wesley, Jonah, Gilbert, August, Winston, Hugh Theodore

I prefer Marie-Juliette.

Quote Originally Posted by caroline147 View Post
    My newest crush is Mary-Juliet, but I need some opinions on it before I can let myself really fall for it. Firstly, do you think all double names are awful? I've always been biased against them, but have been researching my family tree and found generations upon generations of double names on my French side. I know they can be a bit of a burden, as I understand it the main problem is that people only call you by the first part, but we'd probably use Mary more anyway. I worry that she'd find Mary alone a little too plain. Secondly, the name itself? I love love love both Mary and Juliet (especially as middle names, they're both family names) and think they sound nice together, still a little bit unsure though. Thirdly, any other unusual variants of Mary you'd suggest instead? It is super important for us to use some version of Mary, but we also really want to use Rachel as a mn, and 'Mary Rachel' together sounds a little uninspired. I love Rosemary already, and am considering Marianne (nn Marnie?). What do you think?

So, is Mary-Juliet a keeper? Any and all opinions welcome, I'm supposed to be revising for finals so I need distracting
    Hmm...
    I think Mary-Juliet is a pretty combination, I like both Mary and Juliet. I also think it's sweet that double barrel first names are common in your family thus your deciding to use one. I love family connections! I also think Mary is a really lovely simplistic choice, refreshing even, similarly to my favourite girl's name Jane. They have a similar vibe. But I think the flow is a little off. I would prefer Juliet Mary. Furthermore you can still have Juliet Mary as a double barrel name and it almost makes the name more refreshing after all their are loads of Mary Jane's, Mary Kate's and Mary Ellen's around.
    Variants of Mary:
    Marina
    Malia
    Manon
    Mara
    Marabel
    Marian
    Mariella
    Marilyn

Rachel is a lovely name, very sweet and wholesome. I also love the religious connotations behind Rachel. But I agree Mary Rachel is a little uninspired. From the names above I think Marina Rachel, Mara Rachel, Mariella Rachel and Marilyn Rachel sound great together. I also think Rachel could work as a third name for the Mary Juliet Rachel and Juliet Mary Rachel it's pretty.

Definitely a keeper. And although Mary-Jane and Mary-Kate are cute, I love that this is a less conventional double-barreled Mary name.