Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mary-Juliet?

Mary-Juliet?

My newest crush is Mary-Juliet, but I need some opinions on it before I can let myself really fall for it. Firstly, do you think all double names are awful? I've always been biased against them, but have been researching my family tree and found generations upon generations of double names on my French side. I know they can be a bit of a burden, as I understand it the main problem is that people only call you by the first part, but we'd probably use Mary more anyway. I worry that she'd find Mary alone a little too plain. Secondly, the name itself? I love love love both Mary and Juliet (especially as middle names, they're both family names) and think they sound nice together, still a little bit unsure though. Thirdly, any other unusual variants of Mary you'd suggest instead? It is super important for us to use some version of Mary, but we also really want to use Rachel as a mn, and 'Mary Rachel' together sounds a little uninspired. I love Rosemary already, and am considering Marianne (nn Marnie?). What do you think?

So, is Mary-Juliet a keeper? Any and all opinions welcome, I'm supposed to be revising for finals so I need distracting

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Josiah, Gilbert, August, Wesley, Clifford, Hugh Theodore

I like Mary and Juliette but i actually prefer Juliette!

I quite like the sound/flow of Juliette-Marie! To me MARY-JULIEtte sounds a little repetitive but its cute!

And I think double first names are absolutely fine!! My son gets called by his first AND middle name quite a bit.. ( not just when he is in trouble!)

good Luck!
    boys names drive me crazy!

i think Mary Juliet is nice but for me the favorite middle for mary is Mary-Alice
    I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.~ Christopher Poindexter.

A lonely old soul : ~ Hebe ~ Idile ~ Psyche ~ Io ~ Agapi ~ Monaxia .
    Little gent is currently nameless .

Quote Originally Posted by backtomyroots View Post
    I like Mary and Juliette but i actually prefer Juliette!

I quite like the sound/flow of Juliette-Marie! To me MARY-JULIEtte sounds a little repetitive but its cute!

And I think double first names are absolutely fine!! My son gets called by his first AND middle name quite a bit.. ( not just when he is in trouble!)

good Luck!
    Hmm, yeah, I like Juliet-Marie too, though it is very French (and a daughter would only be a quarter French). I suppose I say Juliet more as Julyet rather than Juli-et, so it seems less rhymey to me. Thanks for the advice on double first names

@bellerose: Mary-Alice is lovely! But Alice is getting a little too popular here.

Annora Juliet, Elspeth, Verity, Zelda, Josephine, Marianne, Rosemary Constance
    Edmund Henry, Josiah, Gilbert, August, Wesley, Clifford, Hugh Theodore

Double-barreled or not, I adore Mary-Juliet.

My other favorite Mary combos are Mary Blythe and Mary Eliza.