Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you like the best?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Henry "Hank" (Henryk)

12 44.44%
  • Andrew "Drew" (Andrej)

7 25.93%
  • James (Jasu)

4 14.81%
  • Matthew "Matt" (Mateusz)

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Classic Boy Names with Polish Translations - Which ones do you like?

Hi, we are expecting our first child, a son, this October and have a short list of strong, classic boys names. They need to have a Polish translation so typically they tend to be saints names. Which one is your favorite and any others that may fall into this list that I have overlooked?

Henry "Hank" (Henryk)
    Andrew "Drew" (Andrzej)
    James (Jasu)
    Matthew "Matt" (Mateusz)

Henry "Hank" (Henryk) - I like Henry and Henryk, but I'm not so keen on Hank.
    Andrew "Drew" (Andrzej) - Again, like the names but not so keen on the nickname.
    James (Jasu) - Like James, but Jasu sounds a bit like Jason missing the 'n' to me.
    Matthew "Matt" (Mateusz) - I really like Mateusz, in fact even moreso than Matthew. This would be my pick.

How often would you be using the Polish name?

Only other Polish name I can think of is Tadeusz (I think it's spelt like this, something close to it anyway) - I had a half-Polish flatmate a couple of years ago and this was his middle name. I believe it's a variant of Thomas, though I could be wrong on that, I'm not that clued up on Polish boys' names, I'm afraid.

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I'd go for Andrew/ Anrzej... Have you thought about Andre or Anders with the Polish name of Anzerj? I much prefer Anders to Andrew...
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara

I voted for Henry (Henryk) on your poll. However, my favourite Polish name is Casimir (Kazimierz). I also like Stanislas (Stanislaw), Ladislas (Wladyslaw), Wenceslaus (Waclaw) and Simon (Szymon).
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I really like Henry (Henryk) as Henrik is a family name and I really like Henry.