Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: khaleesi!

I've actually seen a few birth announcements with Khaleesi, and in 2012 146 people named their daughter Khaleesi in the US, so you're not alone!

As a fan of the book (and of course the show) I can understand the attraction, as I love the character! Personally I prefer Daenerys though

Petronilla I'm not a fan of, it sounds like a character from a pantomime, or like one of Cinderella's stepsisters - it's a bit over the top. But that may also be because Petra is a favourite of mine, so different versions of it don't seem quite right to me.

I think thats a whole lot of name for a real person and it is rife with mispronunciation issues.
    [CENTER]
    Mommy to
    Nils David * Serafina Ann

Loves:
    Zia, Lorelei, Elowen, Vera, Adeline, Cordelia, Zorah

Judah, Peter, Fredric, Olin, Dean, Jonah

It's pronounced Khal-EE-see, I don't know where you've heard that "kha-ley-see" should be the correct pronunciation, but it's not. There's no "ley" sound in the word.

I personally think it would be bizarre to name a child Khal or Khaleesi, but that might just be me who's an absolute A Song of Ice and Fire nerd. To me it would be just as obnoxious as naming your child King, Queen, Emperor, Empress, Tsar or Tsaritsa. It's a title, not a name. If you like the character, I'd suggest you to use Daenerys or Dany instead.

Can't say I'm fond of Petronilla either.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

It's a great name for a Siamese cat.

Quote Originally Posted by shvibziks View Post
    I personally think it would be bizarre to name a child Khal or Khaleesi, but that might just be me who's an absolute A Song of Ice and Fire nerd. To me it would be just as obnoxious as naming your child King, Queen, Emperor, Empress, Tsar or Tsaritsa. It's a title, not a name. If you like the character, I'd suggest you to use Daenerys or Dany instead.
    This is what I think too.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.