Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: khaleesi!

Hybrid View

khaleesi!

I watch this name on game on thrones and I found it very interesting!it's pronounced Kha -Lay -see and not ka -lee-see
    What do you think?
    Also do you like petronilla?

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE

with the name spelt Khaleesi, it will get miss pronounced all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bellerose View Post
    I watch this name on game on thrones and I found it very interesting!it's pronounced Kha -Lay -see and not ka -lee-see
    What do you think?
    Also do you like petronilla?
    Hmm, I am an avid GoT fan as well, and I've only heard them pronounce it kah-lee-see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yca1HbizssY

Regardless, I think it's far too tied to the series to use on a human being - it was invented for it, after all, and is a title (essentially meaning "queen") as opposed to her name (which is Daenerys Targaryan.

Petronilla sounds like an alcoholic drink.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Hmm, I am an avid GoT fan as well, and I've only heard them pronounce it kah-lee-see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yca1HbizssY

Regardless, I think it's far too tied to the series to use on a human being - it was invented for it, after all, and is a title (essentially meaning "queen") as opposed to her name (which is Daenerys Targaryan.

Petronilla sounds like an alcoholic drink.
    I agree with the Khaleesi bit. It's a title invented for a story and is in a fictional language.

As for Petronilla, it sounds like a mix of a gasoline brand and citronella.
    Nathaniel . Eden | Alessandra . Noel

In the series actually pronounced Kah -lee -see but later a guy I think the owner say that they actually pronounced that way because they think lots of people will pronounce it like that but it's totally wrong because its pronounced Kha -lay -see like he said. But I think I prefer Kah-lee-see lol!

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet confinement of your aloneness to learn

Anything or anyone that doesn't bring you alive

Is too small for you

DAVID WHYTE