Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stuck between two names

My husband and I have narrowed down our choices for our second daughter arriving in September to two names (although I'm still open to suggestions). Which do you prefer: Hanna Marin or Quinn Lucille (not set on this mn: also considering Lilianna, Louise, Audrey, Sophia or ?)?

Keep in mind:
    Older sister's name is Reagan Ellis.
    Hanna is my husband's favorite. I like it but it is so popular. I grew up with a too popular name (Sarah).
    We both love Quinn but it is my niece's middle name. Is that a big deal?

Just want to let you know that Hanna Marin (that spelling exactly) is the first name and last name of a main character on the popular tv/book series, Pretty Little Liars, which has a seriously huge following, especially among younger girls. Definitely something to avoid. Hanna Lucille would be lovely, though, and I quite like the idea of Quinn Audrey with Reagan Ellis! And it's not a big deal if it's your niece's middle name.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Reagan and Quinn go better together, but I would speak to your niece's parents if you are seriously considering it. A friend of mine used a name similar (not even the same name) to her niece's middle name for her daughter and her sister-in-law made a really big deal out of it, saying that my friend stole the name, that she was unoriginal, refusing to use the baby's name. It was a massive drama and really stressed my friend out, so my advice would be make sure she's cool with it.
    Mum to Luke and Elliot, stepmum to Libby. Baby #4 is currently being grown.

I don't think a middle name being shared with your niece is too bad. As long as her parents don't mind!

Both combos are nice. I think Quinn Lucille best goes with your elder daughter's name though!
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them

I really like Quinn. I agree that Hanna Marin needs to be avoided (due to the PLL reference), but Hannah Quinn would even be nice.
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States