Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by emiliaj View Post
    LOVE both.
    Personally I am loving Lola slightly more.
    Any of them as combo works too... love Lola Juliet, Lola Pearl is very appealing to me too. Delilah Juliet... nice too! Juliet Pearl is just gorgeous.
    Delilah is not quite as appealing to me- but I do like Lila or or even Lili as a nn. (But perhaps Violet and Lili is too floral? nevertheless I like it!)

I adore the nn Lolly... so Lola nn Lolly (as a family nn) would get me every time.

Perhaps just wait and see which suit her?

My husband's absolute favourite is Juliet Pearl! I think its very beautiful but the potential (and likely) nicknames of Julie or Jules really puts me off. I'm also not so keen on Violet & Juliet having the same ending- some people might find that endearing but to me is seems like we've intentionally tried to make them match?! Or maybe I just over analyse things way too much!

I think if you're a "name lover" sometimes you can put a lot of conditions and restrictions on a name choice unnecessarily. I personally tend to do that and put a lot of pressure on myself to come up with this "perfect name". To be honest, there is no such thing. Names are so subjective and what appeals to one person may be detested by another.

I guess ultimately, the most important thing is to choose a name that make your heart sing! When you say it, write it or hear it..... now if only I could take on board my own advice! ha ha

I've got an Iris Elizabeth and 3 weeks (ish) off birth of my new daughter. We angsted a lot about names - including Pearl as a first - and have settled finally on Delilah. I'd definitely go for Delilah Pearl, and actually would do this myself except Pearl rhymes annoyingly with our surname. So we might end up with Delilah Lark (too many Ls?)

Anyway, Delilah Pearl gets my vote a million times over!

I prefer Delilah to Lola and Juliet to Pearl. Delilah Juliet for the win!

I like both but Delilah Pearl wins over for me.
    Adelaide/Alice/Amelia/Autumn, Beatrice, Caroline/Cecilia/Charlotte/Clementine, Daisy/Delilah, Eleanor/Eloise/Emmeline, Felicity/Fiona, Gemma/Genevieve/Georgia, Hazel/Helena, Iris/Isla, Josephine/Juliet, Maeve/Margot/Matilda, Penelope, Seraphina/Simone/Summer, Violet/Vivienne, Willow, Zara/Zoe

August, Beckett/Blaise, Callum/Caspian, Dashiell/Declan/Dominic, Felix/Finn, Harrison/Hayes, Jasper/Jude, Leo/Liam/Linus/Luke, Miles, Oliver, Sebastian/Silas/Simon, Theodore/Thomas/Tristan, Wesley

Quote Originally Posted by margot View Post
    I've got an Iris Elizabeth and 3 weeks (ish) off birth of my new daughter. We angsted a lot about names - including Pearl as a first - and have settled finally on Delilah. I'd definitely go for Delilah Pearl, and actually would do this myself except Pearl rhymes annoyingly with our surname. So we might end up with Delilah Lark (too many Ls?)

Anyway, Delilah Pearl gets my vote a million times over!

I love Iris Elizabeth! I have also considered Pearl for the first name but my husband isn't so keen....I think Iris & Pearl sounds so cute, its a shame it doesn't work well with your surname.

I love that you've decided to go with Delilah though....Delilah Lark is very cute. Perhaps a bit L heavy but I wouldn't let that deter you.

Some other ideas:

Delilah Wren
    Delilah Faith
    Delilah Jean
    Delilah Mae
    Delilah Eve

Good-luck with your new baby girl and i'm sure whatever you choose will be divine!