Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Compton

Yeah, I can't think of anything other than the city, and unless you grew up there or have a strong personal tie to the place, it doesn't seem like a very good city to name your child for. I'm not a fan of place names in general, or surnames as firsts unless it's got family meaning, but unless someone has a lot of really good memories in a "bad" city, I can't imagine why they'd name their child for it.

Same goes for kids named Bronx, Detroit, etc. I can see where these cities do have a lot of culture and heritage and stories, but I don't think that overrides a generally negative connotation that most of the US has about them. If you live in another country, it may be different, but probably not.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

Not a fan.

Are you NWA fans?

Seriously, take it from an Angeleno: hells to the no.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq