Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

female main characters names

There will be two main female characters but I've been kind of stumped with names, I have a few but I'm not completely sold on them so I'm open to some suggestions. For the one female character I need something that goes well with the name Gideon, as he is going to be her brother. I've been kind of toying with three names; Severine, Evangaline, and Reverie. I'm not sure if any of the three names really goes with Gideon. The last one is kind of out there but I really wanted to use the nickname Ever for the character, but at this point I'm open to any name suggestions. For the second female character's name I've been leaning towards Ianthe and ariadne, but again I'm open to any suggestions!

Ariadne is a very unusual name (or, at least, I haven't seen it before), and I don't think many people would know how to pronounce it. Instead, you could do some more common alternatives, like Adrienne, which I think is very pretty. I think Ianthe is a cool name, but I don't know how to pronounce it, either!

Severine doesn't appeal to me, but Severina is a little better. Some other options for that are Silva, Silvana, Stephanee (an alternate spelling of Stephany), and Sylvette.

Evangeline seems very old fashioned, but pretty. (Kinda like Priscilla). Alternatives would be:Evelyn (a good nickname is the simple but beautiful Eve), Evette, Evony (sounds like Ebony but looks 10 times cooler)

Names with potential nickname Ever (which I love, by the way):
    Everly
    Everest
    Every (alternative to Avery)
    Beverly
    Genever (alternative to Jennifer)
    Leverne

General Suggestions:

Rosalind
    Arabella
    Jasmine
    Delilah
    Violet
    Hazel
    Adelaide
    Cressida
    Serena
    Cora
    Madeline
    Marietta
    Rosalia
    Seraphina
    Lydia

Hope that helped!!!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

With Gideon being a Bible name, I might consider another uncommon Bible name..

Delilah and Gideon

Tabitha and Gideon

Dinah and Gideon

Priscilla and Gideon

Naomi and Gideon
    Mama to 4 handsome, awesome boys!
    Sebastian, Oliver, Elliott and August

DP, sorry.
    Last edited by lizzyq; May 17th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
    Mama to 4 handsome, awesome boys!
    Sebastian, Oliver, Elliott and August

I totally forgot about Naomi! (I really like that name and usually tend to think about it for nearly any question, whether I post it or not)
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski