Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Baby Girl Arden Rose?

Hi all, I have been reading Nameberry for a few years and just joined today. We are not finding out if we are having a boy or girl until the birth, so we are deciding on names for both. We have our boy name chosen for a long time. But our girl name is proving difficult for me. I originally suggested the name Arden for a girl name to my husband and he loved it, and seems to have his heart set on it. I loved it too before I got pregnant and now that I am, I feel not as confident. I am not sure if its just the pregnancy hormones! The other name I suggested to him is Ava, which I know is super popular even in Australia where we live. We both do love that Arden is not popular, but actually we have both never heard this name on anyone so its difficult to imagine. The other thing I am not sure on is a nickname for Arden. I love that both names have references to birds.

Please help me out by sharing your comments and thoughts?

Thanks!

You could use the nickname Ari! I think it's super cute!

Arden Rose is lovely as for nn you could use Ari like pp poster suggested also Denna/Denny, Enna, Arro
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

All I hear is garden rose.

Arden is really cute, it makes me think of the word ardent, which means passionate. It's beautiful and soft and interesting!

And there's nothing wrong with the garden association, there are certainly worse words names could sound like.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but in Australia it would be pronounced more like Auden, right? AW-den?
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.