Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Elin (EE-LYNN) SPELLED ELYIN ? PLEASE HELP

HI, I have an ill grandmother who loves the name Elin.. I would be happy to let her choose the name.. But, I really dont like the spelling Elin.. Its pronounced EE-LYNN. What do you think about Elyin? Please give me feedback. Thanks in advance.

Re: Elin (EE-LYNN) SPELLED ELYIN ? PLEASE HELP

I'm sorry to hear of your grandmother's illness. I think the Swedish spelling of Elin is beautiful in its simplicity. I like it better than the similar Ellen. Sorry but I don't find Elyin very appealing with the "y". When I saw it, I wanted to pronounce it "ellie-in". I think this spelling may give you more pronunciation headaches than Elin. Do you like Helen, Helena, Elena or Elaina as alternatives to Elin? I guess you could always spell it Elyn.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I would stick with the traditional spelling. If I saw the name Elyin, I would automatically pronounce it el-yin.

Given all of the press that Tiger Woods's wife has received, I would think more people are familiar with the name, Elin, as it is.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

I agree that Elin is beautiful as is!
    In current favor of...:
    Boys: Ian, John, Lincoln
    Girls: Marin, Lena, Mareina