Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you think of Rye?

I like the sound and the way it looks. It sounds like a really cool, laid back guy to me. Does it just seem like a variation of Ryan, though?

Also, does Rye Becker sound like someone who bakes rye bread?
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

Re: What do you think of Rye?

Hmm. I did not think of Ryan, but if I ever heard some one called Rye, I would assume he (or she!) was a Ryan. My first impression was overwhelmingly rye bread. Another connotation was a "rye" or sharp sense of humor. Still, Rye seems pretty cutting-edge if that's what you like. It sounds like a name that would be chosen be a celebrity. I'm afraid Rye Becker does remind me of someone who bakes rye bread. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by christy
    Hmm. I did not think of Ryan, but if I ever heard some one called Rye, I would assume he (or she!) was a Ryan. My first impression was overwhelmingly rye bread. Another connotation was a "rye" or sharp sense of humor. Still, Rye seems pretty cutting-edge if that's what you like. It sounds like a name that would be chosen be a celebrity. I'm afraid Rye Becker does remind me of someone who bakes rye bread. Good luck!
    Thanks for the reply, Christy! I thought the main association would be bread, and that just may be too much to overcome, especially with a last name that means and sounds like baker. I like the name Ryan, but I know so (SO) many that it's not something I would ever consider.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I went to school with a Rye. I think it is a good choice and it works with your last name.

I actually like the name and will probably use it as an affectionate nn for my grandaughter Riley if my son and d-i-l do name one of the twins Riley. Perhaps you could consider Riley Becker for your son. I also like the name Barley and actually thought of it a long time ago when Sting's song "Fields of Gold" came out (I love that song!)