Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Will Violet seem dated soon?

I know it was popular in the early 20th century, but since it's kind of going through a huge burst of popularity now will it start seeming dated and lose the vintage-y appeal it has?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Nature names with a vintage flair have been popular for years so I don't think Violet will become "dated". Names like Harper, Jaylyn and Kayla are more apt to become "dated" rather than long established names.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I think Violet isn't neccessarily a classic, but is timeless. I think it'll be in style quite often, but never quite unstylish. Am I making any sense at all?
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Anxious to hear every one's opinion on this one. I also wonder if it will seem dated or popular to a certain time period. Although names like Ava and Isabella aren't exactly trendy, they will probably be names people associate with the early 2000's because of their extreme popularity now.

I worry about that, too. I don't want Violet to become the next Heather.