Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I think Amelia is more full feeling name then Ellie. And I think Lia is a beautiful nickname for Amelia, and wouldn't blink if a girl introduced herself as "Amelia, but please call me Lia." Izzy, Isla and Lia. So cute. And I think you could also use the nn Ellie with Amelia. It's a bigger stretch, but toally plausible. I agree with the above poster about too many M's in Amelia Mae Mur-, but I don't think it's that big a deal. Most people will know her as Amelia Murphy, Lia Murphy, Ellie Murphy (you get my drift). I think Amelia Clementine works too, but maybe not as pretty as Amelia Mae. Amelia Ruth works too. I guess my final vote would go to Amelia Mae, nn Lia.
    (\_/)
    (o.o)
    (><) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

What about Amelia Rae instead of Mae? If you are concerned at all about the M's...
    Cassia | Phoebe | Emmeline | Matilda | Oona | Sylvie | Dahlia | Rosalind | Vivienne | Miranda
    Milo | Emmett | Sebastian | Theodore | Lucian | Rafferty | Matteo | Vincent | Donovan | Wesley

I think that if you name her Amelia, you could call her Ellie as a nickname. It makes sense to me. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Ellie.

My nickname is Ellie, and I've always LOVED It. I get compliments all the time on how cute it is. I think it stands up as a full name very well. However, it is getting to be really popular. The only thing that bugged me about Ellie is that it isn't a true derivitative of my formal name, and it causes people to be confused. If you like Ellie, just go with that as the full name.

I much prefer Amelia Mae or Amelia Ruth... Ellie is great for a kid, but sounds too nicknamey for an adult.
    Emiliana Pari (or Valentina Hasti?) Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
    Camellia Seraphine, Jessamine Ara