Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I like Millie but my hubby doesn't Would Lia be a plausable nn for Amelia?

Quote Originally Posted by bmurray719 View Post
    My husband and I have our list narrowed down to 3 names and need opinions:
    Ellie Clementine
    Amelia Mae
    Ellie Ruth

If Ellie Mae wasn't the name of a Clampet, that would be our name of choice.

Big sisters are Izzie Caroline and Isla Rose and our last name starts with Mur-

Thanks ahead of time for your help!!

No one - especially in your child's generation - is going to know who Ellie Mae Clampet is - so if you really love that one, I say go for it. Especially since Mae is the middle name, so you are, I assume, generally going to call her Ellie. But if you are really against it....

I like Ellie Ruth.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Ruby Elizabeth ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Harrison Joseph Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Benjamin John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

I prefer Amelia to Ellie. I am bored of the Ella/Elle/Ellie type names. Amelia Clementine would be incredibly lovely! Amelia Mae is sweet too though.
    Mama Bear to Serenity (gone January 17th, 2011) and Luther Wolf

I don't care for Ellie as a full name but I think Ellie works way better with your other daughters' names and with a last name that starts with M. All the M's in Amelia Mae Mur- wouldn't sound so great. I love Amelia in general though! Maybe just a different middle name? Amelia Ruth Mur- perhaps?
    Felicity ~ Calista ~ Claudia ~ Beatrice "Betty" ~ Carlotta ~ Millie ~ Cora ~ Audrey ~ Violet

Calvin ~ Jude ~ Miles ~ Oliver ~ Roscoe ~ Benjamin ~ Leo ~ Adrian ~ Isaac ~ Colin

Please rate my namelist! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9831814

Ellie Clementine - sounds great, however maybe a bit too matchy with big sister Izzie Caroline
    Amelia Mae - I agree that it's M heavy with an M last name, although on its own it sounds lovely
    Ellie Ruth - I do not care much for Ruth myself

I prefer Amelia Clementine, which has has a vintage cool feel - in case nn Millie is out, an alternative could be Amy