Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmomto8 View Post
    I guess to me if it was a first name or even the first middle name that is used a lot, I could see the issue, but being that she is RARELY ever called Emma Addison Grace, I don't see it as such a big deal... but I could be wrong, which is why I appreciate all of your thoughts and opinions My hubby and both of his brothers have the same middle name... My MIL told me she just LOVED the name, and never thought twice about using it with all three.,.. that it was a bond they shared. I have a friend that used her middle name for both of her daughters middle name, and said she didn't think anything of it, either....
    Well to me there's a bit of a difference between all sharing the same middle and taking the middle of one and putting it as a first name of the other. So if it was Caroline Grace instead, then that would be fine I guess... it wouldn't be my thing to do, but to me that's a lot different than taking Emma's middle name and making it her sister's first name.... and I get the idea behind is that you loved the name so much, but you also have to view it from the person who has to wear the name and they MIGHT feel a bit cheated... (again this is all just my personal opinion and you are free to take it or leave it!)
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

If it were me, I would be more worried about the second Grace not appreciating having a "used" name than worried about Emma being bothered by it. I have to agree with catloverd that it might seem like you couldn't devote the time to choosing a really special name just for her - even though I appreciate your spin on that saying you just loved it so much you wanted to hear it all the time. I think I would call Emma, Emma Grace more often if you want to hear it more, rather than using the name again.

I would find something similar in feel to Grace but that isn't the same name since you already used it once.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Thank you all for your thoughts and inputs....
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

My boyfriend's middle name is also his younger brother's first name. It is a family name though so I don't know if that makes a difference, but it's always sounded fine.
    Anastasia, Tessa, Marina, Stella
    Connor, Rhett, Corbin, Grayson