Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I apologize for not having much to add, but I am just so curious about your first son's name! Bugsy is such an interesting name. When I first noticed it in your signature (on previous threads,) I thought it was a nickname. Now that I know it's his real name, I'm fascinated to know more about it. What is the history behind Bugsy? Sorry to ask in this thread, but I'd just love to know if you have time to respond.

For what it's worth, I really like the mn Richmond and am loving pp's suggestion of Ignatius Richmond!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

Quote Originally Posted by tintri View Post
    I apologize for not having much to add, but I am just so curious about your first son's name! Bugsy is such an interesting name. When I first noticed it in your signature (on previous threads,) I thought it was a nickname. Now that I know it's his real name, I'm fascinated to know more about it. What is the history behind Bugsy? Sorry to ask in this thread, but I'd just love to know if you have time to respond.

For what it's worth, I really like the mn Richmond and am loving pp's suggestion of Ignatius Richmond!
    No problem! I have explained this story once or twice

Bugsy was named by my husband. He fell in love with the name when he was 11, quite unusual for a boy especially one like my husband. He used to watch the movie Bugsy Malone with his father and grandfather, and just genuinely liked it. The fact that Jack felt so strongly about the name won me over for it to be a middle name, so our baby was going to be William Bugsy.
    Jack called my belly Bug for all of my pregnancy, but I was sticking to my guns... We were not having a son named Bugsy! However, the moment our baby was born Jack called him Bugsy, not William, and in that moment I knew that we couldn't go back. I guess in the end Bugsy had all the qualities I was looking for, significance and meaning.

I often think maybe we made the wrong choice, I mean I get some interesting looks from people, especially when he was a tiny baby. One day when Bugsy was about 3 weeks old I was at the park with my sister in law and the a lady asked what my baby's name was, I said "Oh this is Bugsy" her response, "Are you joking!?", I said "No that is his given name", and she looked at him and said "Poor little baby!". But my feelings of doubt are always shot down when I hear of yet another baby named William, I am just so pleased that our son has such an original and well loved name! Plus the feedback on here has been fabulous!

He suits his name to a tee, he's adventurous and loud and crazy, and incredibly cheeky! All the qualities that a boy named Bugsy should be in my mind

To everyone else, thanks for the continued suggestions. I find Ignatius rather interesting! Love Iggy, but like Ziggy even more...could Ziggy work?

Thanks again, sorry for the ramble!
    Lila
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.

What about Niall? It's reminiscent of Ned, but works better with Richmond.

Thanks for the story! I just love that his name has significance. Yes, Bugsy will raise eyebrows, but it's so great to have a name that is meaningful and unique! You should be proud of taking a risk for something you (and hubby) love.
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian