Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Desperately needing some guidance, please! 6 days and counting!!!!

I am starting to hope that this baby is a girl, not because I want a girl more than a boy but because our girl name is set. Our boy name however, isn't, at all. We have nothing. Any names we've liked in the past sound wrong and boring. My sister's suggestion was to wait a week and then start thinking about it again, our baby is due in 6 days... I literally cannot wait any longer.

I am seriously hoping that if we do get a boy on delivery day, his name will just come to me. But knowing myself, it wont. I think Bugsy was a one hit wonder! I am a perfectionist and like to carefully consider everything...but there is no time to carefully consider and I am so completely worried that we will choose a name I will regret and it will impact my bonding with baby!

I don't even know what to ask, honestly I'm just over it, being pregnant and thinking constantly about names... our list on the fridge has so many crosses it's getting ridiculous.

On a positive note I think his middle name will be Richmond. I went trawling through the family tree and found that it was my great-grandmothers baby brother who died during infancy, he was named after the doctor who delivered him. I like it, it interesting but not unheard of

Hmmm... so have you got any suggestions that work with Richmond as a middle name and with Bugsy as a big brother? I'll take whatever you can give me!

Oh, and for those who have been following my dead end naming saga, Marlon is completely out sadly. A girl at work just had a Marvin 2 days ago, she named him after her father. I never mentioned Marlon as my favourite name so I can't say she "stole a Mar- name". We have worked together for 4 years and become quite good friends. I just couldn't do it to her, I know I'd hate it if someone did that to me, it would make my baby's nameless special or something! Maybe in a few years I'll get a little boy to name Marlon!

Hopefully you can help, I am getting extremely anxious and irrational, it's safe to say today has not been a happy day, this baby wont stop thumping, I think it will be slightly less than 6 days till we meet him or her!

Lila
    Mama to Bugsy William and Jem Richmond.

I feel for you! Has anyone suggested yet that you make a short list of names you like -even if you don't love them -to take to the hospital? Maybe one of those will stand out to you on his birth day.
    I put Bugsy, Marlon & Richmond into nymbler.com and here's what came up:
    Roderick
    Vinson (I prefer Vincent, Vincent Richmond is stunning, though not sure it goes with Bugsy)
    Burke
    Lamont
    Owen
    Keenan
    Kirby
    ... There's more, but you can check the site too.
    I was thinking something like Jedidiah, nn Jed. Bugsy and Jed would be cute together.
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Oh no! That's no good is it... and Marlon was perfect too!

Bugsy is such a fantastically weird and specific name finding something along those lines is a tad difficult! But I've been saying Bugsy and - while flipping through some stuff, and here are the ones I think fit:

Alban/Albus
    Brett
    Caspian
    Cecil
    Chase
    Clyde
    Cole
    Cormac
    Craig
    Darius
    Edgar
    Ewan
    Finlo
    Harry
    Heston
    Ivan
    Jarvis
    Jesper/Jasper
    Julian
    Kay/Kai
    Leon
    Lloyd
    Lugh
    Merlin
    Otis
    Ozero
    Puck
    Rio
    Rory
    Rufus
    Sol
    Todd
    Wade
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

I'm sorry to read about your naming challenges, and definitely sympathize (we're also having a tough time solidifying our boy name choice).
    Here's some names that may go well with Bugsy (Too bad Marlon can't work, that'd really be perfect. I'd suggest you ask your friend if she would really be bothered by it. It is quite hard to find something that works perfectly with Bugsy, which is great by the way.)
    Zane
    Emrys
    Ezio
    Evren
    Larkin
    Boaz
    Calix
    Clyde
    Desmond
    Celio
    Vito
    Alton
    Asa
    Cadoc
    Eamon
    Flynn
    Rhett
    Roscoe
    Straun
    Updated Name List- http://www.ebabynames.com/list/eff115- Vote away...

I totally think you should use Marlon - it's not at all the same as Marvin!