Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Somewhere along the banks of the mighty Columbia
    Dade is a dud. There are so many great names out there, why settle for one that will make your son stand out for all the wrong reasons? You should buy him a baby name book or show him this site. Maybe he's just not aware of all the possibilities?
    Trying, trying, trying

Current favorites:
    Boy: Asa Guillaume, Barnaby August
    Girl: Apolline Iris- Polly, Clothilde Juno- Chloe

I was trying to come up with longer names that could be nn's Dade but all I got is
    Daedalus. I'm not sure if that's helpful as I can't see it being most peoples style but at least it's better than Dade.

However, I think even if he's dead-set on Dade if you absolutely hate it your veto should be equally important.
    If what he loves about the name is the feel and it's originality I'm sure we help you come up with alternatives besides (Wade, Cade, other rhyming names).
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

Dade is a dud. It's a county in Florida. It's trying too hard to be cool and fails miserably. Dane, Dean or Cael are much more preferable.

Rule No# 1 in Baby Naming: If one of the parents doesn't like a name, that name should be eliminated from contention. Bye, bye Dade.

The end.
    Last edited by mischa; May 13th, 2013 at 11:48 AM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Naming a child takes compromise, he can't have HIS way unless you plan on more children and then maybe you get "dibs" on the next child, but I honestly don't like that method. I think you BOTH have to at least LIKE the name. If you absolutely hate it, then it's out OR you put it in the middle spot.

Though I don't like Dade, I think a great compromise is to put it in the middle and for you both to find a first name you can agree on. Then on the next child, you pick the middle name. I think that method works the best.

Some alternatives:
    Dane
    Cade
    Wade
    Wayne
    Dwayne
    Last edited by catloverd; May 13th, 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

Dade Michael really reminds me of Miami-Dade county in Florida (Michael Dade even more so). I don't think it's an awful name, but I can't honestly say I like it much.

Obviously, one parent shouldn't be able to arbitrarily pick a name the other parent dislikes, so I think you and your husband need to start over. Tell him your honest feelings and make it clear Dade is off the table--easier said than done, I know! There just has to be a name out there that's traditional enough to please you and rare enough to appeal to your husband. I like the suggestion of Dane. Here's a few more:

Davis
    Doran
    Drake
    Dean
    Ivan
    Beau
    Bram
    Heath
    Cade
    Wade
    Hale
    Kai