Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does Jobe Saxon sound?

What are your thoughts on our baby boy name choice, Jobe Saxon.

I prefer the spelling Job, but I have mixed feelings about using it for a name. After all, the story of Job was quite bittersweet... Also, while I like Saxon, I would think of it paired with a more modern-feeling name. It's an ok name, just not one I would choose... but go with your heart...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

I also prefer the spelling Job. It does look like the word job, but most people should know how to pronounce the name because of the story of Job, the expression "the patience of Job," etc. I think the spelling Jobe, while it is more phonetic, might actually complicate things (and it's not the original English spelling. I almost always prefer the older, more established spellings.)

Make sure you're okay with the association with the Biblical Job, too. As tfzolghadr says, he's a bittersweet namesake.

I'm fine with Saxon as the middle name. Personally, just for sound's sake, I might pair it with a longer vowel-beginning name (Alexander, Aurelius, Elias?)

All that said, I'd be happy to meet a baby Job. Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

I like it.

I like it. Job is my favorite book of the Bible, and I've considered the name. Never thought of spelling it Jobe. Until I read the comments, I thought it might be pronounced Joe-bee. It does make it look a bit more like a name than a word though. I think either spelling works. The middle name is nms, but it flows fine.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me