Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bjorn

Bjorn is a great name, my friend has a Bjorn!! He's about 6 months old and he suits the name sooo well.

I was surprised when they chose the name but when I expressed my excitement over their choice of a more unique name, My friend explained that her grandparents were Scandinavian so they felt that this honored them in some way. I thought that was pretty awesome!

Most people know how to pronounce it straight away, as it's not a name that is unheard of, but some people have to ask twice when she introduces him!
    Mum to:
    Fable Arizona & Amity Seraphina (2010)
    + Baby Boy due in September

Thanks Ottilie! My extent of language is some limited Spanish and German plus English. I'm taking a second year of German during the spring semester but its still very broken.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Maybe Odin, or Loki? My personal favorite Norse name is Einar. It was my grandfather's name. It was also spelled Ejnar.

I would love to have a little Loki running around especially consider that if my children are like DH they'll always be up to something. Odin is nice and it meets Hubby's requirement on epic.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

Ah, Bjørn is such a great old name. I know several guys named Bjørn and I also know a Torbjørn (who has a brother named G.u.d.b.j.ø.r.n) and a Thorbjørn. It's definitely a strong name and very masculine name. Torben and Bjarne are both rather dated names here in Denmark, but great nevertheless.

Some other Scandinavian (but mostly Danish) suggestions:
    Aksel
    Aske
    Asger
    Balder
    Birk
    Eskil
    Frederik
    Frej
    Hjalte
    Magne
    Njord
    Sejr/Sejer (meaning "victory")
    Sylvester
    Tjalfe
    Valdemar
    Vilhelm
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"