Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bjorn

I'm in the Midwest but am in of the most German areas. I love Germanic names but OH finds them too harsh so when he likes anything even close I'm generally happy.
    I've played with Leif and I like it but OH still is hesitant. He says he likes "epic" names and it doesn't quite meet his standard. There's no way I'd use Torbjorn as anything but a middle name. Its just too unusual for every day use.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

I love Torbjorn and Finnbjorn, quirky and fun, but not too out there, especially as a middle name.
    Mum to Mousie, Foo, Bumptious and Pudding.

I really like Bjørn, it's a cool name. I of course think of big brown bears when I hear it, but that's not a bad thing. It's a very cosy name. I also like Thorbjørn, and Torkel from your list. I actually think Torkel would be the easiest to use, the pronunciation is the easiest by far!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Haha Ottilie. It is. Maybe I'll get Martin to agree to it one day but for now its not "epic" enough.
    I've known one Bjørn my entire life and he was quite...unsavory but a lot of people butchered his name to the point he went by his last name.
    I wish we could use symbols (can't think of the proper word) in the US but we aren't.

I think if we used Bjørn or Thorbjørn I'd have to do a wood/forest nursery with bears in it. I'm lame like that. Lol. Much less cool note there's Torben which seems to be the German form and much easier for English speakers.
    If I had a baby right now they'd be:
    Isaac
    or
    Blaire

The epic thing is tricky Torkel does mean Thor's cauldron, but might not be cool enough. Do you like Sigurd (victory + guardian)? He is an epic hero in Norse mythology, slays dragons and everything. He's called Siegfried (also cool) in Wagner's opera Der Ring des Niebelungen.

That nursery would be amazing, I'm lame like that too... I have a fairy tale theme in my daughter's nursery and I am planning on adding some horses and roses on the walls. And a lot of her toys are horses
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]