Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I wonder what it is about Mars that appeals? Is it the meaning? If you're looking for a warrior name, there's Ajax, Evander, Viggo, Orion.

Or if it is the ends with s sound, Briggs comes to mind.

That said, I don't think Mars is unwearable. A little spacy, maybe, but not in a bad way.

Maybellene has a great sound, but it does feel like a brand name. Another thought - if I heard London and Maybellene, I would guess London is a boy. What do you think of Bellamy?

It's funny that no one here seems to like Mars. My whole family is on board with Mars and calls the baby that, even though we don't know that it's a boy. I am actually the last holdout against Mars! I love the sound of it, but I prefer it as a nickname. I like Mars, Mazzy, Maybellene, Mazarine, Marsden, Maarsen, I just like the sound, I guess. My family is also very interested in space, so there is a connection. And to me it would mean...kind of like reach for the stars, you are not bound to anything on this Earth, be yourself you are as different as Mars? And I'm quite sure my kid will be ridiculously awesome and live up to the name.

Oh and we did also consider Vigo because we stayed in Vigo, Spain and had a beautiful time there. DH doesn't like it as a name, though, because it sounds too brute-ish to him.

My dad's wife's uncle was Marcel and everyone called him Marce. I think it's supposed to be pronounced with a soft c at the end and not a z sound. But more often than not it sounded like marz. I'm not a huge fan of Mars pronounces marz (I would be afraid people would make fun of him and call him an alien???). but I like it with the soft c sound if that makes sense.

I actually like Maybellene and Mars. If you aren't confident on those, what about Maybell/Maebell and Marson? I think August would be super cute for a girl or boy. And Augustus for a boy and Augustine for a girl would be cute too. What other names do you like?
    : Thatcher - Fletcher - Forester - Slater - Magnus - Sawyer - Remington
    : Penelope - Talulah - Estelle - Daphne

Vote [UPDATED]
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9830218