Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

*dying whale noise* my son is just never going to have a name :(

I'll be full term in 6 days. A daughter will be Lillian (undecided middle name). We settled on that a few nights ago.

My problem? Dad likes names that are stupid, and I like names that are awesome. Ok - I'm kidding. But he's into trendy, modern, popular names, and I'm into naming our kid Apollo Jude Lysander. Or Leonidas.

My list:

Apollo
    Leo (Leonidas would be my #1 choice, but I'd be fine with a little Leopold, or even Leonardo)
    Lazarus
    Lysander
    Elias
    Darius
    Rowan
    Tristan

His list:

Jayden
    Zane
    Landon
    Brennan
    Elijah (he suggested after I said "Elias?" 100 times. I don't want Elijah, I think it's too soft sounding, I think of Elijah Wood).

A couple of days ago, we agreed on Sterling. It definitely wasn't my top choice - I like the name, just am not sure I could picture it on MY kid. But it was the best one we'd agreed on. Then he changed his mind about Sterling, and I was kind of relieved. Maybe.

I got him to agree to Rowan yesterday, and we shook on it and said we wouldn't change our minds again. Then, three hours later, he's "not too sure about Rowan". He also said Tristan "wasn't too bad", but would have to be a last resort. I might end up just putting my foot down and saying it's going to be Rowan, but I also do really want to pick a name we both really like. And I love the name Rowan, but not like I love Apollo or Elias.

How the heck do we compromise when we have DRASTICALLY different taste in names? I also think I'm way pickier with boy's names than with girls.
    Lillian Elizabeth 6.16.13

I totally feel for you, and I can't wait to see your birth announcement on here. My DH and I struggled to name our first, but not so much with each other--more so with family members. But it seemed way more difficult than it should be to decide, and finally, I just put my foot down and was like, I'm the one who is growing him and I get final say on his name. And that's kind of what I think you should do, too.
    May I suggest narrowing your own list down to 3, telling him he can completely veto one, and then you get final choice between the last two. And then he gets to pick the middle name. I think that's pretty fair.

As for the names on your list, Darius is my favorite. Great name! I also love Leo, Elias and Rowan.

Good luck!
    **Proud mama to Owen McCabe and Eloise Mairead aka "Lola Mae" **

I laughed out loud at this, but you do have a point. Your list is awesome, and his is pretty trendy.

From yours, I like: Elias, Tristan, Rowan, Lysander and Leo best.
    From his: Elijah.

Some ideas you both might like:
    Leander
    Eli - maybe you'd consider this too "soft", like Elijah, but it does seem like a compromise
    Cole
    Ronan
    Tiernan
    Rogan
    Ezra
    Everett
    Augustus
    Cyrus
    Zander

Does he like Leo at all? Since it's your favourite, maybe he could pick the long form?
    Matilda, Vera, Beatrix, June, Eleanor, Cordelia, Adelaide, Elisabeth, Leona, Daphne, Kathryn

Edwin, Frederick, Calvin, Arthur, Walter, Rowan, Winston, Desmond, Keith, Robert

What about Eli as a compromise between Elias and Elijah? Others similar to the latter two: Eliezer, Elliott (and all of its spelling combos), Elisha, or even Ellery.

From your list, I love Tristan and Leo. Both great choices. And from his, Brennan is my favorite. What about Leo Brennan? Also, the title of your thread was absolutely hilarious!

Good luck!

Ha! O no!

Leon
    Jude
    Hugh
    Pierce
    Bruno

Good luck and congrats.